Thursday, July 15, 2010

Preggy Me @ 8 Weeks

It’s officially my 8th week.


Easy Preggy
I don’t have morning sickness (Thank God!) although there are times when I feel that my stomach’s getting queasy and a few times (maybe just two or three times) that I’ve made duwal. But this is not on a daily basis, just some sort of once in a week kind of thing. Or just when my stomach feels like it hehe.

I don’t crave for any food. At times I find myself asking what I want to eat. Although I am always hungry. And when I do get hungry during the non-mealtimes (breakfast, lunch or dinner) I munch on fruits or biscuits. I now hate eating sinigang because hindi ako makapagsawsaw sa patis! And I’ve stopped eating desserts (unless it’s fruits for dessert) entirely.

I don’t think I have heightened sense of smell just yet. Well, even before I got pregnant I have a sensitive sense of smell. But there’s this one time my husband and I passed through a food court, blech I wanted to get out of there immediately. I was smelling all sorts of things. But I don’t think I have a more sensitive nose now that I’m pregnant. I don't particularly dislike certain odors like say onions or lipstick or toothpaste (I have friends who hated the smell of these things when they were pregnant).

So there I guess I’m having a fairly easy pregnancy (I don’t want to jinx it!). I think the only manifestation of the pregnancy is that I'm always sleepy and as I've said I'm always hungry. After eating dinner, I only have around 1 hour tops before my eyes feel heavy. I don't even have enought time to surf the net during the night. And I have to research on Language Schools in London for a cousin who will be staying there. But can't really complain because atleast I'm having it easy. My friend who's also pregnant (our due dates are a few days apart) is going on bed rest for two weeks. I hope she and the baby will be fine after that.


Wear It
I can still fit into my regular clothes. Although I’m starting to wear out some clothes that I think I won’t fit into once my belly starts to show. Here I am in my normal work clothes.



This outfit is already super tight - there's no more room for any FAT hahaha! I'm already planning my office clothes for when my belly starts to show.

No OB
I don’t have an OB yet. I’ve went to two OB’s already, both from our office’s medical retainers. The first one was the one who scheduled me for an ultrasound. The second one prescribed me folic acid and scheduled me for a urine and blood test. I actually found her nice and was considering her to be my regular OB. Unfortunately there were some mishaps when I came back for a consultation, she needs to only see my urine test, but I think that was the fault of the receptionist. But I had another turn off when we returned last Sunday for the reading of the result of my blood test, she wasn’t there and the reliever doctor didn’t even finish her timeslot. But again, I know this isn’t the fault of the doctor but the medical retainer. It’s just that I am not a patient person. I don’t like waiting. Hay! Good thing a friend told me and this sort of alerted me, that it’s actually a good thing if the wait is long, that only means that the doctor has lots of patients and many believe in her. My friend also told me not to look for an OB who has no patients waiting for her when I go for a check-up hehehe. We’re going to a different OB this Saturday morning and hopefully she will be the one. If not then I think I’ll go back to the second OB we went to, I just have to be a little more patient.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...