Thursday, May 04, 2006

These are my confessions

I wasn't able to hear mass last Sunday. So I have to go to confession for me to be able to take the communion during mass.

I always have this fear of going to confession. I feel agitated before the actual rite. I'm like a child who's about to be scolded by her parents for breaking the big vase in the living room. It's like I have a heavy rock on top of my chest. I am ashamed of my sins. When I prepare my self for confession I list down my sins. I have a prayerbook that has a list of questions on what you have to ask yourself before confession. And I always find myself repeating the same sins I confessed the last time. Shame on me! But as the priest tells us..God is merciful. As long as I am truthfully repenting for my sins then I will be forgiven. Although I go through this almost-anxiety-attack before confession, I can't wait to have that clean feeling after...that time when I feel that I am ready to die because all my sins are forgiven.

I sure hope there's confession after the mass tonight. I don't want to go throught this 'anxiety attack' again if I postpone this.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...