Monday, October 23, 2006

My Family Loves Joema

Oh yes they do! Yesterday before hearing mass my mother asked how Joema is. I told her that he's already out of the hospital and is starting to stand up and move around on his own. After the mass we went to Tropical Hut to eat breakfast. On the way my mother suggested that we should visit Joema - in Bulacan. My brother thought we were going straight from breakfast to Bulacan, he quipped 'uwi muna tayo kukunin ko cell ko'. Of course we all agreed because I had to get my cellphone too and make a phone call to Joema to tell him that we're visiting him. And I also need to ask directions from him going to their house. After breakfast we bought bread and some cake that we'll bring to Bulacan. When we got home, Joema was still sleeping he wasn't answering my calls. I had to text his brother and tell him to wake Joema up. While on NLEX, I started to worry..it felt like we were going there for 'pamamanhikan' which is the other way around because I'm the girl. I thought 'what we're they thinking going there and meeting Joema's family for the first time'. I'm such a worry rat.

Somewhere along the way I had to call Joema again because I didn't know where we are supposed to go. My brother was telling me that I should remember the way to their house. But it was four years ago when I was there. Told him that he should go back there after four years and see if he still remembers the way. Anyways, good thing Joema's brother was there outside their house to fetch us. Their mother was still at church when we arrived. It was just our family there for a while. Then his mother came and greeted us. His mother's really nice and kissed all of us. Even my brother who's kinda aloof when it comes to that. Sya pa nilapitan nung nanay ni Joema para magbeso. Katuwa! It turns out I had nothing to worry about. My parents and his mom easily got along. I remember that they talked about how my father's part of the family also hailed from Bulacan. Joema's mom said that her brother-in-law is from that same part of Bulacan and the surname was Rodriguez. My dad told them that his aunt has the same family name. Jay joked that Joema and I might be related hahaha. Nanay showed us baby pictures of Joema. She told my parents about their stay in the US (Mama told us when we got home that she was teary eyed while Nanay was telling her how hard it is to be away from her three boys - hehe ang drama ng nanay ko). While there, his cousins and titas were coming and going to their house so nakilala na rin nila Mama. One of Joema's tita even kissed me when she came by. Sabi tuloy ng nanay ko 'kilalang kilala nyo na pala si Cris dito'. We stayed there until lunch, we had spaghetti and inihaw na manok and liempo. I'm happy Joema and I spent time yesterday together with our families. It was a family affair indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet :)

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...