Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Life is About Creating New Memories

I splurged for our Boracay trip.

I splurged for the pink tulips.

But it was all worth it.

I was still investing. But of a different kind.

I was investing on memories.

I now believe that life is about creating memories.

When we’ll be both happy ninety years olds, still holding hands in the sunset of our lives, we’ll look back at our tenth wedding anniversary. And we’ll cherish the fantastic moment of getting married all over again on the beach of Boracay, surrounded by the special people we love.

And we’ll say, as we do now, “It was all worth it.”

More of Bo Sanchez' blog here.

Awww such a lovely lovely thing to do. Maybe we can do that too on our 10th wedding anniversary. But before that..our wedding first hehe. I can't wait to create beautiful memories with my soon-to-be husband.

4 comments:

MiLeT said...

bo sanchez is my fave filipino author.

thanks for leaving your name in my mr. linky. already added you in my blogroll. thanks for adding me.

Dins said...

this article of his contradicts those who kept on saying that wedding is just a day. i am not justifying though na dapat super-splurge to the point na you end up in nothing...

just a reminder din na memories are something that fuels your marriage in the long run and it's priceless =)

cris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cris said...

ewan ko ba kung bakit na-delete ko yung last reply ko!

@ milette, thanks for adding me! :)

@dins, I guess he was not talking about weddings in particular. chaka kanya-kanya na rin ng priority siguro. i guess yung iba who didn't want to splurge naman wants to have memories of their simple weddings din. :)

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...