Monday, July 14, 2008

Wedding Rings

Joema and I ordered our wedding rings already. Janice recommended Denden as they also got their wedding rings from her. She didn’t have a shop so we went to her house instead. When we met her last weekend, she showed us some samples she has with her – plain white gold bands, plain yellow gold bands, some two-toned bands, some in platinum, some in gold. She asked us if there’s a style that we wanted but we didn’t really give much thought to what we like our wedding bands to look like as we both wanted simple ones. As for me I was leaning towards the two-toned bands because my engagement ring is yellow gold and I like white gold as well. I fell in love with the eternity ring she showed me but the price of that is over our budget so she told me we can just have stones at the top of the ring instead of all around it. Joema on the other hand had his eye on a white gold ring with a design. Denden showed him other styles on his ring size and from there he chose the one he liked. I wanted something else for him, but he will be the one wearing the ring so might as well let him pick his own. Since his wedding ring will be white gold, I didn’t want to get a yellow gold wedding ring. I wanted us to have the same wedding ring actually but I really liked the idea of having some stones on mine. Denden suggested two options: paptubog my engagement ring in white gold or have my ring two-toned like the previous samples she showed us. But Joema’s ring will only be white gold and I really wanted white gold as well from the very beginning so we opted to have my engagement ring done in white gold. She advised me na every two years dapat ipatubog para magstay na white gold, although kailangan naman daw talaga ipatubog ang jewelry every now and then para laging mukhang bago. So friends, if you see me donning a white gold engagement ring instead of a yellow gold one, it’s the same ring. I’m just maarte like that.

Denden’s lola was there while we were choosing our rings. She was so talkative and funny. She told us stories while Denden was away getting some rings. Lola asked us where we graduated, and when we told her we’re both from UP she was very proud – as if we were her apos. She said she was from UP too from batch 1939 (I think) and she was the same batch as Marcos – he’s from Law while she’s BSBA. And then she told us the story when he met Marcos after they have graduated and that Marcos remembers her and told her “I remember you from UP but you’re body was like Coca-Cola bottle back then” heehee. She also had her opinions about Imelda. She was also very proud of her own daughter who graduated from UP as well and I think a son-in-law. Her husband was also from UP, and that he died at an early age of 58. Lola on the other hand is already 92 years old. But she doesn’t look one. She’s very sharp and was really fun to talk to. At the middle of her stories she would say “Oh! I talk so much” but she’ll continue on telling her stories. Such a character. I hope when I grow old and have my own apos I will be like her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh, kailangan pala patubog wedding rings every once in awhile?? what does that mean ba? (i've never been a ring person before i got hitched eh). okay rin yang magkaiba kayo ng design sa rings ha, parang very modern

cris said...

i think they dip the jewelry in gold para fresh layer of gold everytime. i think it's kinda like having your house repainted. denden told us na uso na ngayon yung hindi match ang wedding rings.

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...