Friday, July 25, 2008

Weekend Celebrations

The weekend is just around the corner. It seemed like this week just whizzed by. Anyhow, before I go through this coming weekend let me share with you what I did last weekend:

Saturday

We had our surprise baby shower for Joy. It was just us, Tric and Heili, and EJ and TJ, and their kids. 'Twas a simple celebration and we were successful in making it a surprise for Joy. Everything was short-noticed so I guess that's what kept it a surprise. If we had planned for it for weeks, someone might have spilled the beans to her hehe. We bought drop-ins for Joy, which I discovered from Rhoda. It was in her wishlist last Christmas party and I was curious on how to use it. I hope Joy gets to use it for Yohann Alfredo Miguel or was it Alredo Yohann Miguel. I'm not really sure about the succession of the names (I'm not even sure with the spelling of Yohann) but that Miguel is the third name and we'll nickname him Migs (even with Joy's protests haha!). And that Joy and Mek didn't agree with the other first name so they threw both names in, thus three names for their baby. Whew!


We saw all of them the last time during Patrick's birthday last April (yikes! 3 months!). And what better way (actually, there's no other way) to spend time by playing poker. Joema and I both lost. And we were both hoping that our winnings will help us fund for our wedding invites haha! Oh, speaking of invites, EJ showed me the prototype of our invitation. I loved it! I love the pattern she did for our invite. I'm planning to use it as the unifiying theme for all the wedding stationaries - invitation, misalettes, menu, maybe even placecards. I never knew I'll be this excited about wedding invitations. I just hope I'll still be this excited once I found out how much it will cost us hehe.

Sunday

Early morning we had breakfast at Chowking. Joema slept at our house the night before because we're going to one of our Ninongs that morning. After breakfast, we went to Tita Ening and Tito Rudy's house. We wanted to personally go there to ask Tito Rudy to be our Ninong. So we now have a complete list of our principal sponsors. Tito Rudy is one of those funny guys. He was telling us that he was already willing to sell his cellphone, a Nokia 3310, for P300 with free P500 load but still no one will buy it from him haha!

After lunch, we went home and then Joema had to leave already. He was supposed to come with me to Quino's baptism but he had to be up early for his work the following day.

I didn't really go to Quino's baptism at the church but we were all supposed to go to the reception which was supposed to be at 6pm. I say "supposed to" because I was already at the restaurant at 6pm but Rhoda's family wasn't there yet. I just left and roamed around the mall a bit to while away the time. At around 630pm, some people started arriving so I went back to the restaurant. But the food was not served until around 830pm. Hay! They were waiting for some relatives and didn't want to start without them. Good thing the food was really good that we forgot all about the waiting haha.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...