Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh Santorini So Dreamy

I first saw Santorini on Samantha Brown's: Passport to Europe show. She went on a boat ride around the caldera and then she visited a local's house.





Photos from http://www.santorini-greece.biz/santorini-photos.htm

She was staying at this beautiful hotel, Hotel Katikies. This hotel was also featured in another Discovery: Travel and Living show where they featured the top 10 best hotels for your honeymoon. I don't remember what number Hotel Katikies was on the list but it was there.



And then over the Valentine weekend another one of those top 10 shows in the same channel featured another Santorini hotel, Heliotopos. I think it was the top 10 wedding destinations.

Photo from the website of Heliotopos

I'm in love with this place. It's amazing. I want to go there. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know my fascination on Europe and my wanting to go there. Now Santorini is number one on my list. If I only have enough money and I could only visit one place in Europe then Santorini will be the one. Just looking at the pictures makes me feel so at ease with the place. I love the all-white structures. I love it in contrast with the blue caldera. I can just imagine myself sitting outside the proch of my hotel room staring at that expanse of blue water and just drifting off to whereever. Sigh! I love it! I can't afford either Hotel Katekies or Heliotopos so I searched for a much affordable place to stay when I go there. (Yes, the power of positive thinking. I am so there in Santorini!) And then I found this.. Hotel Katerina's Castle.



Photos from the website of Hotel Katerina

It's perfect! I love it! Not as pricey as the other two hotels but it offers a great view and I love the white interiors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheeeeet, parehas tayo! But my dream spot is Mykonos. Forever asa top 3 ko of must-see places yon!!! It looks a lot like Santorini in the pictures I've seen. And I shall make a mental note of that hotel you researched, teehee, kaya maraming salamat!

cris said...

I'm googling Mykonos now hehe

karen said...

Let me know when you plan to go to Santorini. Magkita tayo! I want to go to there! Badly!

cris said...

ok you're comment just made this post real. parang ngayon na-pressure talaga ko to save up for this ahaha!

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...