Wednesday, March 25, 2009

That's Baseball to Me

I arrived home yesterday and my husband was watching baseball. He said it was the championship: Korea vs Japan, and that was the equivalent of the World Cup in baseball. The little I know about baseball I learned from our HS Phys Ed teacher. I know that there's the pitcher, catcher, right and left fielder, the shortstop and some other players haha. So anyway, yesterday it was already the 8th inning when I got home. Hisashi Iwakuma was pitching for Japan. He got me interested because he was cute hehe.

Photo from www.reuters.com

And then he was taken out of the game, and another Japanese pitcher was the substitute. Anyway, the crowd was fussing all over Ichiro Suzuki who was cool as ice while playing. Joema said he was the most famous Japanese baseball player.


And then came another pitcher, Yu Darvish. I started really getting into the game then. He was pitching when Korea tied with Japan 3-3.



I'm obviously rooting for Japan because of their cute pitchers. :) I never knew baseball was that exciting. They had the 10th inning because of the tie. But Ichiro saved the day, and Darvish striked out 3 Korean players. And they won!



Please head on here for a real account of the game as you can see I have very limited baseball jargons.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...