Monday, April 20, 2009

F1 newbie

My husband is a Formula 1 fanatic. So as the obliging wife, I watch it with him hehe. Not that I'm complaining. I'm starting to learn the ropes of the race unlike with his other interest i.e. soccer - which he can't get me to sit down and watch the whole game (90 minutes of passing the ball around with a meager 1-1 score sometimes..sorry to soccer fans) but that's an entirely different thing. Atleast with F1 I'm starting to get excited watching it, even the qualifying round. Although I have yet to watch an entire race hehe. Joema is rooting for the Ferrari team consisting of Massa. So I guess you would've known by now that after the Chinese Grand Prix I'm cheering for a totally different team and driver. Yes folks I'm now cheering for Sebastian Vettel, he's second win for himself, his second win in the wet, his second win for a maiden team. His first win was for Toro Rosso. Call me cheesy, but I was a bit teary eyed when they got to listen to Red Bull's team radio right after Vettel crossed the finished line. He was saying thank you to everyone, to the mechanics, to the whole team. Such a kind hearted person haha. Joema tells me he is a "kind" driver as he always is the first one to say sorry to other drivers when they hit each other in the track. Much like what happened in the Australian Grand prix when Vettel was vying for third place but ran into Kubica before the last three laps.


Vettel savoring his win in the Chinese Grand Prix





Yes, I'm starting to be fan. I can now understand Joema's excitement when we got to visit the Sepang F1 circuit when we were there last November. Here are some pictures of the circuit and my very happy husband.


Renault billboard on the way to Sepang Circuit




A peek inside the track




Happy even though we're just outside




Welcome to Sepang F1 Circuit




With the grandstand behind him




We went inside the museum where they feature different automobiles. Joema posing at the F1 cars display





Joema with photo of the track





The newlweds outside the Sepang F1 Circuit



3 comments:

Anna said...

ako rin ako rin am trying to educate myself on F1! one of my best friends is a huge fan. ako - crush ko lang si lewis hamilton hahaha. pero la ako alam sa stats! singapore, malaysia, or monaco (naks, asa pa eh noh) - i wanna see i wanna see i wanna see!!!

Anna said...

speaking of, i shall keep track of your F1 entries para sumabay ako sayo learning how to understand the damn sport, hahahaha

cris said...

hahaha sige will post more about F1 especially those things that I learn from watching it.

if we're to watch the singapore grand prix i'd like to book us in one of the hotels where the race will pass by, since street race yun (dunno if that's what it's called). yung kita mo yung track from your hotel room. para habang walang dumadaan na car, pwede mo panoorin yung race sa tv sa room nyo haha. i would think watching it on screen is better in the sense na nasusundan mo yung cars chaka may stats shown on your screen ;P

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...