Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Own Place in the WWW

I have been blogging for a few years now but haven't really understood much about the web. Yes, I have a Friendster account (I still do!), a Multiply account, I am even on Facebook now (yes, peer pressure!). I signed up for some online forum although I don't really visit that often anymore but I found some really nice friends in those forum (hello, F4 sisters and diosas!). And then I have this blog. But I have so much to learn like HTML, RSS and even website hosting. The truth is I can't find the time to learn these things. Does it come with age? Am I getting old? Sometimes I feel that I should give this time because my generation is the techie generation. I'm thinking of having my own website and have now been researching on how to. If you want to have your own site, then you need a provider. Much like when you want internet access, then you need an internet provider. But which ones do you take as there are several to choose from. Fortunately for web hosting, there are sites that will give you a list of web hosting providers. They even review each one of them, this will help you more in your decision making. They also give different awards to the providers. If you're like me who knows nothing about these things, then you have to rely on what the experts say, right? I have to go back to reading more articles about web hosting. This is information overload, people!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...