Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Healthy Eating

We've been trying to eat healthy - less pork and more fish and chicken (without the skin). Over the weekend, we had pasta but not our usual ground pork and spaghetti sauce. I researched for an easy tuna pasta recipe which I found here. The recipe:

8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 anchovies, minced (optional)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add anchovies (if using) and crushed red pepper and cook for 30 seconds more. Add tomatoes, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Stir in tuna and cook until it is incorporated into the sauce and heated through, 2 minutes more. Divide the spaghetti evenly among 4 plates, top with sauce and garnish with basil. Serve hot.

Since we didn't have canned diced tomatoes, I used the bottled tomato pesto sauce that we bought. And I don't care much for anchovies so I didn't include it. I used the hot and spicy variant of Century Tuna. Et voila!


Okay I realized what I cooked is totally different from the recipe ahahaha! But it's very very easy to do..and tastes so good!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...