Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Tie a Yellow Ribbon*

I am wearing yellow today. Though I have work and won't be able to watch the funeral on TV, I am one with our nation in mourning for the death of former President Maria Corazon Sumulong Cojuangco Aquino. She died on the 1st of August at 3:18am.

*Did you know how the song "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" was associated to the Aquino's? The song is about a prisoner who is about to come home. And he asked his lover to tie a yellow ribbon in the old oak tree if she still accepts and loves him. When Ninoy Aquino gave his intention to go back to the Philippines in 1983, the Filipino people tied yellow ribbons around the street lamps and streets along the road he would pass to let him know he is welcome to go back.

Photo from here.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...