Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baptism


Last Saturday was the baptism of my godchild Stefan Franco. The ceremony was at UP chapel. Joema and I on time. Although I was pretty nervous because Janice said we should arrive before 10am. Okay, I didn't know that on Saturday mornings only one gate of the chapel is open. We asked the taxi driver to drop us off on the side across the swimming pool but the gate opened that day was on the other street so we had to go around the chapel haha. I thought to myself, what if we were late just because we were walking around the chapel. Anyhoo, everything's fine because we arrived earlier than the baby and his parents.


Sefan has 8 pairs of godparents. Here he is with his ninangs.


After the ceremony, we were treated to lunch at San Jacinto Panciteria. Here I am with my inaanak.


Hehe naasar na!


And then there were the photobooth pics!





The following day, Sunday, was very apt for the just ended celebration - it was the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord. I wish I had written this post right after the mass so I could write here what the priest said in his homily. But the thing I remember is that after Baptism it is the parents and the godparents who should teach the child about the Lord. They are his first teachers on religion. So yes, I want to take this being a godparent seriously, not just with giving gifts to the child but taking care of his spirituality as well.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...