Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our Valentine's Day - Now and Then

We weren't able to push thru with our Baguio trip. But 'twas okay, the decision to go there was actually a rushed one, no plans really, just wanted to go on a trip out of frustration from the daily grind. But alas, the thing that made us wanted to go, made us stay too - work got in the way. We celebrated the valentine weekend without any hooplah, which is how we really do it anyway, although the trip wasn't really supposed to "celebrate" Valentine.


After work on Saturday, Joema and I went to my folks' house and spent the night there. My father gave me twelve peach roses. :) And then on the next day, V-day, we spent it at home, too. We didn't want to go out because too many people will be out and having lunch or dinner so we stayed home instead. Went to the market with my mother to buy shrimp, and we feasted on them during lunch. We had siesta afterwards - after eating so much, the next best thing to do is take a nap hahaha! Then before they took us home, we went to buy groceries. Not really a romantic way to spend Valentine's day hehehe. Although, we did attend mass celebrated by the priest who married us, Fr. Caloy. And then after the mass, the church had renewal of vows for all the married couples so we went in front of the church and renewed our vows with all the other couples and in front of all those people heehee. That's probably the highlight our day. :)


Yesterday marked 10 years of our relationship. We've been together and in love for 10 years! I remember telling myself not make sagot Joema on Valentine's day back then because I didn't want to spend "the day" with a boyfriend. Although we still ended up spending the day together. I gave him a card telling him how special he is to me. He was so shy because he didn't get me anything. But he said he was really planning to give me flowers the day after Valentine's day because he didn't want to do it with all the other guys, that it would be too conventional. I promised him I will act surprised when he give me the flowers the next day hahaha! So I guess that's how we started celebrating Valentine's day so unromantically. That was our first unofficial Valentine's day. He officially became my boyfriend two days after Valentine's day, ten years ago!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...