Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thank God for This!

It's official! I'll be transferring to a new division in our department (psst, it's a promotion too!). This is definitely a blessing for us. Aside from the usual "step towards my career goal (blue plate, baby ahahaha - hello to some officemates who are reading this!)", we can definitely use the extra income now that we have Miya in our lives. This is really all about her. I applied for vacancies after I gave birth, actually I only applied for two. The first one was also within our department but different division and I applied to that one while I was still on maternity leave. It was really very fortunate that there were a number of job openings the moment I was back from maternity leave. So, the saying "When God closes a door, He opens a window" rang true for me in this instance. I wasn't picked on the first vacancy I applied for but I was chosen on the second one which I think is a better one for me - career-wise. But now I also have to think about how I'll improve myself and help myself in the process in tackling this new challenge. I plan, again, to take the CFA exams. I've borrowed some exam materials and I'm hoping I'll get to read them this weekend. I'll get a better feel of the exam scope hopefully by doing this. I plan to take the June 2012 exam and hopefully it will push through. I don't really want to take an MBA course or apply for any other graduate studies. I don't want to be put into a classroom set up again. I'm also excited in taking on this new job. It's a whole new adventure for me again and hopefully I'll cope easily. There's a chance for business trips but I'm not too keen on this to be too soon because I'm still breastfeeding. At the moment, I think this is all promising! And I'm keeping all these positive energy and vibes until after I transfer because I will surely be needing them.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Congratulations, Cris! On a high!! Good luck with the CFA exam! It sounds so brainy hahaha

cris said...

Thanks, Anna! Just need to find time to study which is HARD!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, sis! Gambatte! :) -yza

cris said...

thanks, yza!

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...