Monday, July 03, 2006

Mano-A-Mano

Rewind to Friday night: my father sent me a text message asking me if I wanted to watch Manny Paquiao's fight yesterday at the Araneta Coliseum, he has Upper Box tickets. OMG! Of course I want to watch!!! He got tickets from the office and he's giving it away since he's nervous how the fight will go hahaha. Anyway, since I was at Puerto Princesa this weekend(more on that later) and will be back in Manila only by lunch time Sunday, 02 July, the day of Pacman's fight, I declined his offer. Pero potah sayang ang tickets na yon!!!! My brother had work and Joema, well I don't understand Joema's reason for not watching it live but he said he'll just watch it on television. My dad just gave the tickets to his staff at the office. Imagine that 4 tickets for free...4 tickets worth more than P2000 each! Sayang talaga!

Yesterday while we were at Puero Princesa airport waiting for our flight, Gerry Penalosa's game was being shown at the television at the waiting area. That was already past 10am. Pacquiao's game will have a delayed telecast, I thought, since his scheduled fight is 11am. True enough when we got to Manila, the fight was over and Manny has won!!! But I was still able to watch because of the delayed telecast. Mabuhay ang sangkatutak na commercial ng ABS-CBN hahahaha!

I am so proud of Manny Paquiao. Never mind his English during his interviews nadadaan naman nya sa slang e hahahaha. I feel the love he has for our country every time he has a fight. It doesn't matter if he loses or wins because he always dedicates his fights to the Filipino people. That's the reason he's called People's Champ, right? I am inspired with the love he has to give to us, to his countrymen. I am inspired with how patriotic he is and how proud he is to represent the Philippines. How I wish I have the same love for our country. Anyways,

CONGRATULATIONS PACMAN!!!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...