Friday, October 06, 2006

My Brother's Keeper

I had a horrible, horrible dream last night! I dreamt that my brother passed away. In the dream, we were all freaking out at the house because we cannot contact him. In real life, he usually goes out at night when almost everyone at the house is asleep so we, well atleast my parents, don't know that he was gone for the night. I think it was morning in my dream and we found out that he wasn't in the house. So we frantically texted him and tried to call his phone but we cannot get through him. And then, just like in horror movies, I saw him in my mirror. You see I have a mirror in my room, a full body mirror. And when I looked there he was right behind me with his eyes black and his face all black, like when a person is found drowned in water. When I saw him I was hysterical. I was crying and called out to my mom and told her that Jay is already dead and that I saw him in my dream. Well for a minute there I thought it was a dream (yeah I was dreaming in my dream). But when my mom was comforting me telling me to calm down, I saw him again..now clean and wearing a white shirt. And I was telling him not to go. But then he kissed me on my cheek (I'm seeing all this my mirror) and disappeared. My brother never kisses me, we're not affectionate with each other. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother but we're just not like that. After he kissed me, I woke up. And immediately went to see if my brother's sleeping. Good thing he was there. But when I returned to bed I started crying. It just felt so real. My eyes are welling up while typing this. I can't imagine life without him. As I've said we're not affectionate with each other, and I may not always tell him but I do love him. He is my only sibling after all.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...