Friday, November 16, 2007

What Movie is your Love Life like?

Your Love Life is Like Annie Hall

"A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies."

You believe that love (if you even believe in love!) is a very complicated thing.
Maybe love is pain. Or maybe it's all a big therapy session. You're still figuring it out.

Your love style: Brainy and a bit neurotic

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Realistic and reflective



Well, Annie Hall is an old movie so I did not know anything about it. So I googled it and got this from Wikipedia:

Plot

The film is set in New York City and Los Angeles.

Allen plays Alvy Singer, a comedian obsessed with death, attempting to maintain a relationship with the ditzy but exuberant title character (played by Diane Keaton). The film chronicles their relationship over several years, intercut with various fantasy trips into each other's history (Annie is able to "see" Alvy's family when Alvy was only a child, and likewise Alvy observes Annie's past sexual relationships). In the flashbacks showing Alvy as a child, we learn that Alvy Singer grew up in Brooklyn. His father operated a bumper cars concession. He claims the family home was located below a roller coaster on Coney Island.

After several years, many arguments and many reconciliations, the two realize they are fundamentally different and split up. Annie moves in with a Hollywood record company executive (played by Paul Simon). Alvy eventually realizes he still loves her and tries to convince her to return with him to New York. He fails and, resignedly, returns home to write a drama about their relationship. Later, after they are able to meet on good terms as friends, Alvy ends the film by musing about how love and relationships are something we all require despite their often painful and complex nature.


I don't want to end up with no one. But come to think of it, I like movies like this. The ending is not "happily ever after". I actually love movies with tragic endings. Sometimes happy endings just don't work for me. Like inthe movie The Break-Up, I was glad the character of Jennifer Aniston did not go back with Vince Vaughn at the ending. Okay let me breakdown the result:

"A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies." - yes, I believe that it's constantly moving. It's either its growing or you just stop falling in love. It can't be constant.

You believe that love (if you even believe in love!) is a very complicated thing. Yes, I believe that love is a complicated thing. But spare me the sarcasm cause I do believe in love.

Maybe love is pain. Or maybe it's all a big therapy session. You're still figuring it out. - maybe I'm still figuring it out. As you go on with life and love you continue to learn new things, about your partner, about you. But I don't think love is pain although pain is a part of it. The pain is there to let you know that it hurts. You won't fully appreciate the bliss of love if you don't know the pain.

Your love style: Brainy and a bit neurotic - hehe brainy...meaning I use more of my brain than my heart? siguro..but not neurotic naman.

Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Realistic and reflective - I do look at love realistically. I'm prepared for the downs as well as the ups, the hurts as well as joys that comes with loving a person.

********

Happy monthsary, honey! Here's to more brainy and neurotic loving from me. Love you much!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...