Saturday, September 27, 2008

Jaws

I haven't watched the movie Jaws. I now it's considered a classis but that is the truth - I haven't watched it. So when I saw the book I immediately bought it. Just to know what the fuss is all about this killer shark.

I didn't know that it was such a scary story. The first chapter of the book had me waiting in anxiety how they will find out that the girl they were looking for was killed by a shark. I pity Chief Brody - his wife shouldn't have done that. It was such an unfair thing to do. I wish Hooper had not died and Brody had known what happened. I didn't understant the parts where the author attempted to describe the boat they used to capture the shark haha so much technical terms that I didn't know I can't even picture how the boat looks like. I think the last few chapters were hurried. It felt like the author wanted them to catch the shark ASAP. I'm sure the three of them - Brody, Hooper and Quint were bored to death aboard the boat waiting for the shark to appear but it didn't seem that way to me - as the reader. Or maybe it was just me..I was hurrying to read the last page of the book to see if they really caught the shark. Anyway, all in all the book did what it's suppose to do...it scared me.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...