Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rey and Pam's Wedding

On the last day of September, one of my secondary sponsors got married (inunahan pa ko! haha). It was a perfect time to have my trial hair and makeup with Ella hehehe. I’ve had my trial makeup with her on our prenup but I wanted to see how my hair will look. I gave her a photo of the updo that I wanted and Maricel, her hairstylist, did it perfectly. I met up with them at 1030am at Ever Commonwealth. Just a side story, when I rode the the taxi going to QC:

Me: Ever Commonwealth po
Manong taxi driver (MTD): Ma’am padagdag na lang po ha
Me: *flared up already* Ano!?!?!? Humihingi na nga kayo nung dagdag na sampung piso tapos dagdag pa ulit? Wag na ho…ibaba nyo na lang po ako (kahit na umaandar na yung taxi by this time)
MTD: Ah sige po hindi na..
ME: Ang hirap sa inyo manong humihingi pa kayo ng dagdag. Sa totoo lang po nagbibigay naman ako ng tip e pero pag ganyang nanghihingi kayo lalo akong hindi nagbibigay. Pare-pareho lang naman po tayong nagttrabaho
MTD: e ma’am kasi po yung iba hindi nagbibigay..nakikiusap lang naman po kung guto magbigay e di okay po..kung hindi, hindi naman pipilitin
ME: e mabuti naman ho!
MTD: blah blah blah blah (di ko na inintindi sinabi nya…take note hininaan pa nya yung radio ng taxi nya para marinig ko sinasabi nya)

Later on when I told Joema and our friends about it, he joked that if it was a bad driver he would've told me: "Ah ganon po ba ma'am sige po hold-up na lang" hahaha

I arrived earlier than our scheduled meetup so I went inside the mall and bought two books from Expressions hehe. Will soon post my review on the first book, I’m still reading the second one.

After they picked up me at Ever, we then went to Ella’s house. Maricel did my hair first and then Ella did my makeup. She said she will be using the same colors for my wedding. At first I was a little bit apprehensive. Bagay ba sa kin? But later on looking at the whole picture, it was good on me haha! We had time to eat lunch, Ella ordered Mcdo delivery (8-6236 – plugging pa!), in between applying my makeup. We finished early and had to wait for Joema, Heili and Tric to pick me up. Actually, Ella brought us back to Ever and then from there I meet up with the trio. They suggested we should drive-thru Mcdo to order lunch (super good idea – never got to a wedding with an empty stomach!). They ordered while I just drank Coke, I was sot thirsty but wasn’t hungry because I just had lunch then.

Before 2:30pm we were at the church. It was an old church right smack in San Mateo, Rizal. We waited for a bit before the ceremony started. When the doors were closed and we’re waiting for Pam to enter, my heart was beating so fast. Ewan ko ba! Nagffeeling lang ako na ako yung bride hahahaha! Now, what the heck will I ever do on my own wedding! Buti na lang maikli lang aisle ng Archbishop’s Palace.



Anyway, the rains started to pour during the ceremony but it ended during the pictorials. No more rains when we went out the church!




By 6pm we were at Timberland Heights. It’s a new members-only club. Kind of like Tagaytay Highlands, on top of the mountain with a great view of the city. It was newly built and Rey and Pam's wedding reception was the first ever event that they hosted.


When we entered the property, we were joking with Joema that he might have to present his invitation because of security. Tric and Heil's invite says Mr. and Mrs. while mine only has my name on it. We were telling him that he might be asked to not enter the compound haha. Of course, before we went into the reception hall there's the registration table for the guests. After asking which table I'm assigned to, I had to ask Joema's name too. Aha he wasn't on the guestlist hahaha! Sabi nya if they deny him entry, he would have pulled Pam aside and tell her to include him in the guestlist hahahaha! Anyways, everything's cool coz he has an assigned seat as my guest.

The reception program was short and sweet. Dinner followed by speeches, songs, dance and the traditional garter and bouquet toss.

Congratulations and best wishes, Rey and Pam!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hay ako din ang dami ko yatang napuntahang weddings this year..ganda ng black dress mo :)

cris said...

thanks liz! the dress is actually midnight blue..mukha lang black sa photos :)

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...