Monday, January 12, 2009

Say My Name, Say My Name

I’m getting frustrated with this whole changing of my maiden name to married name thing. First here at the office, my name’s already changed in the online directory but the IT department hasn’t changed my email address yet and my name in the Lotus Notes address book. Hence, people can not find me on Lotus Notes if they use my new surname. Plus I haven’t received my new ID yet. So I don’t have any ID’s with my married name on it. I don’t really plan on changing my driver’s license and passport yet. I’ve just renewed my passport and I don’t want to go to DFA again to have it changed. My driver’s license won’t expire until 2011. I’m planning on having my name changed on both IDs by the time they are about to expire. But now I think I have to have it changed because I went to my bank earlier and they told me that I need to present 2 ID’s showing my married name to have my account name changed from maiden to married. And I only have one – my company ID – which technically I don’t really have because they haven’t issued it to me yet. Are you still with me after all this blabbering? Argh! So what I can do as of the moment is just change my account from single account to joint account but retain my maiden name.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

if only I can keep mine! haha...hubby doesn't like this surname-dash thing waaa. I might keep my surname for a year pa..kailangan na ba agad? kasi tinatamad pa ako mag-asikaso ng ID :p

cris said...

I read somewhere that you can still use your maiden name. You actually have 3 options: (1) retain your maiden name, (2) hyphenate or (3) use your husband's surname. Ako rin tinatamad pa mag-asikaso nung ibang IDs kaya iintayin ko sana mag-expire bago ko paiba yung name.

Anonymous said...

hi, here's my two cents worth. When I was newly married, I took on the task to have my ID's changed with my husband's surname, including my passport. When I used my new passport with my 'new' name, i had some problems because there was a person with the same name and was on the HOLD list in the immigration. I almost did not make it for my trip. Lesson - esp with passport, if it ain't broke, why fix it? If you have no problems with your existing name, you can opt not to change it. :-)

cris said...

yikes! hassle naman yung nangyari sayo. i don't really have plans of renewing my passport with my new name yet. saka na pag malapit na mag-expire.

~currant7 said...

that's why i didn't change mine...my office name though has my changed name in the hyphen form so either way, office peps would find me.
the rest, di na lang. sobrang hassle and i'm not willing to go through all that.

cris said...

yes that is an option pero i want to use my hubby's surname. simpler than my maiden name and i don't have to spell it out na LOL. finally yesterday my office email address was changed. ang tagal!

Anonymous said...

super hassle the whole change of name shebang noh??? stress talaga! ako rin ganyan, grabe, and 1 year na kasal, di ko pa napapalitan lahat. sa supreme court di pa ko nag fa-file rin change of name - paano, kailangan pa petition! goodness meeeeeeeee

cris said...

hay mas mahirap yung situations mo anna. nakakalokah yan!

cris said...

ay anoba typo! situation without s dapat haha!

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...