Monday, January 05, 2009

The Day Before The Day

Let me start the new year with my backlog posts about our wedding hehe.

The day before the wedding I was up and about really early because we had to fetch Grace and take her to our modista. Grace was really happy with her dress so she decided to have other dresses sewn for her. Good thing the repair of her maid-of-honor dress was done in less than an hour. After that, we went to Tria’s shop to get the body form. And we finally headed back home but before that we dropped by the bank (for Grace’s finances) and the salon (for our mani/pedi). See I don’t really have regular manicures and pedicures so I just had my fingernails cleaned and had a foot spa. Sulit talaga when sa trusty neighborhood salon namin dahil a little over than P500 lang ata nagastos ko for the two of us. When we got home, a hearty lunch was waiting for us. Grace had time to sleep for an hour before we all (me, Grace, my brother and mother – my dad has work) left for the hotel. When we were loading the boxes with our chocolates, I noticed that there were tiny ants crawling in one of the boxes. Hay, di na matapos-tapos ang mga langgam! Good thing we had a lot of extra holders so we just discarded the ones that were “infested” by the ants.

Marj was already texting me by 2pm that she’s already at Astoria. Sheesh we arrived there around 3pm. I surrendered most of our wedding stuff to Marj. We didn’t have time to talk much because she had another appointment after. So we bid her farewell and checked into our suite. I wanted to sleep for a few hours but wasn’t able to. I just lay there on the bed with my eyes shut but my mind wandering about. I don’t know what time Joema and his family arrived at Astoria because my mom was the one who gave them their room keys. And I really told him that we shouldn’t see each other before the wedding. Ang arte!

By 6pm, we fetched my dad to have dinner at Megamall and then Grace and I had more shopping to do. She bought new shoes for the wedding. The ones she brought were not really for formal occasions hehehe so I forced her to buy new ones. Then I bought black socks for Joema, some toiletries for me, and bottled waters and biscuits for us (we had this at the bridal car for the ride from the church to the reception). Before we went back to the hotel, Marj texted me about the projector that will be used the next day. There was some misunderstanding with Bim but everything was cleared that same night. She informed me that eveerything’s okay and that I should get some sleep. This was around 9pm already. But I had some last minute things done and probably slept by 11pm. Oh and just before we slept we were still looking for ants crawling around the chocolates hahaha.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...