Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Stork's Been Busy

Another friend is pregnant! Other than D and J, another couple friend of ours is pregnant with their first baby. I must admit after knowing about her pregnancy I was a bit pressured to get pregnant too. Don't get me wrong, I am truly happy with this very great news. But the truth is we really do not plan on getting pregnant during our first year of being married. I don't know why I felt pressured. Maybe just a bit worried that I'll get those "O kayo kelan kayo magbe-baby?" remarks from other friends. Although there are times when I feel like I want to have a baby of our own now, but there are also times that I feel I'm not yet ready to begin a family. I love how we're like boyfriend-girlfriend now doing silly things with each other. I feel like if we have a baby, we'll suddenly grow up and concentrate on the baby instead of each other. I'm sure mothers will tell me that it will all be worth it and I'm pretty sure I will feel that way when it's my turn. But for now, let me immerse myself with all these me-and-hubby-time, let me take it all in.

4 comments:

Anna said...

"I love how we're like boyfriend-girlfriend now doing silly things with each other. I feel like if we have a baby, we'll suddenly grow up and concentrate on the baby instead of each other. "

KORRRREEEEEEEEK!!!! I love tajito to bits, but we struggle to come up for air for "me" time and for "couple" time noh! kaya enjoy lang kayo being together muna, as in sulitin niyo talaga! no rush kaya! don't rush! wallow in the silly things muna!!! you'll have like what, 2 or 3 years max of just you and your hubby. when you have a baby, you'll be tied down for the next 20 years!!!

cris said...

*apir* korek korek!

Frances said...

Don't rush! Kami nga, 2.5 years na feel na feel pa rin namin to be just the two of us. But we're also reaching that stage na we're ready--the house is done being furnished, the savings are nice and fat, the work is getting light... it's time!

And don't worry about the "Kelan kayo magkaka-baby" questions. After kayo mag-baby, ang next is, "Kelan niyo susundan yan?" Tapos, "Kelan/Saan mo papaaral?" Tapos, "May awards ba yung anak mo sa school?" and "Ano talents/activities ng anak mo?" Tapos, "May nanliligaw/nililigawan na ba anak mo?" Tapos, "Kelan ba mag-aasawa anak mo?" Tapos, "Kelan ka magkaka-apo?"

Walang katapusan yan. You'll always be pressured by other people to conform. So cool ka lang =)

cris said...

@ Frances, tama ka nga..di matatapos ang mga itatanong ng mga tao. Di na ko magpapapressure. Thanks for the encouraging words!

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...