Friday, April 23, 2010

To Box or Not To Box

I've had a rough week and I'm so glad it's already Friday. As I look back in the past few months, stress has been an almost daily part of my life. I'm frustrated that I don't have an outlet to let go of the steam. You know how creative people tend to do something with their talent when they're depressed or stressed. How writers write poems, or how painters draw their frustrations. Sure I write about it here in my blog once in a while but not really in detail because I just don't feel like it and I don't want to let out dirty laundry in the world wide web. So I end up eating. Yes, eating! And then I get depressed when I notice that I'm getting bigger. This morning I realized I should just go back to boxing. Now that will really help me! But sometimes I just don't feel like gong to the gym anymore, I haven't been there in months. My gym instructors would have thought that I've already gotten pregnant and given birth – that's how long I've been out of the loop. So now I'm deciding if I should box again or not. At the moment I can squeeze it in my schedule, I can even go boxing everyday. Okay, now that I'm writing this I'm even more convinced that I should box again. But you know why I'm a bit weary to go back to boxing? I'm not sure if I should say this but … we're already thinking of getting pregnant. So what if I get pregnant? Then I'll have to stop again and lose my momentum. Is that a silly thing to think about? It's just that I really really need a stress buster. Or I'll end up somewhere in our neighborhood (in Mandaluyong hehehe).

Photo from here.

3 comments:

Anna said...

oooh, i can't help but get excited about you planning of getting you-know-what (ayoko rin pagusapan masyado, baka ma jinx!)

but if that's the case - go go go and box. it's so hard to lose the baby weight afterwards so the thinner you are when you get pregnant, the better!!! para di ka masyadong lumaki!

cris said...

"it's so hard to lose the baby weight afterwards so the thinner you are when you get pregnant, the better!!! para di ka masyadong lumaki!" - Yan din nga naisip ko...that's why I want to lose some weight na. I'm trying to diet, try not to eat as much pero ang hirap!!!

Anna said...

but from your kota pics, you don't look like you got bigger at all, cris!

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...