Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cow's Milk

Have you seen the photos of this toddler in Cambodia directly suckling milk from a cow?

Source
From the news article I've read, he was breastfed before his parents left the village where they live. He started suckling milk from the cow after he saw a calf doing the same.

Source
On the one hand, it's breaking my heart that the young boy had to do this because his mother isn't around to nurse him. On the other, the photos are heartwarming because the boy did this for him to survive. Isn't it ingenious of him to do this? Survival of the fittest at its finest I think. Look at those eyes..my daughter has the same look while she's breastfeeding.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...