Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Miya's First Birthday - Bocaue Style

When I saw photos of my friend's daughter's birthday party done at their own home with all the neighborhood kids with spaghetti and hotdog on stick, I knew I wanted the same birthday party for my daughter. So even though we decided on not having a party, we decided to throw a party for Miya in my hubby's hometown in Bulacan. City kids are now more familiar with the big parties done here in Manila complete with magician, food carts and what-have-you's but the kids in the province will definitely still appreciate homemade traditional parties, much like what we (yes, you and me if we belong to the same generation) have known birthday parties. So the Friday before the celebration,  we went to the groceries and bought the essentials - hotdog, spaghetti sauce, noodles, bbq stick, marshmallows, candies for the pabitin, paper plates and other party essentials. I also bought a few sets of party hats from National Bookstore and small toys from Toy Kingdom. Everything was done by us and Joema's family - from the loot for the pabitin, the spaghetti and the hotdogs. Oh yes, I put those marshmallows and hotdogs on those bbq sticks! I was extremely proud. The cake and the birthday tarp were store bought but everthing else was a labor of love.

Clockwise from top left: (a) loot for the pabitin, (b) our simple spread of spaghetti, hotdog on sticks and birthday cake, (c) kids eating on the mini-tables and chairs, (d) pabitin and birthday tarp

Miya with her Bocaue family
Family pic


We love you so much, Anak!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...