Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Breast Cancer

Source


Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month? I didn’t know this until I’ve read about it in Daphne’s blog. I would actually just read this and not mind about it if not for a colleague of mine. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. After a week or two of the diagnosis, she had mastectomy. This was done only a week ago. She is 32 years old, my age. The first thing I thought about was her daughters – she has two, ages 3 and 5. Even though we're not very close, I am saddened by this news. I can empathize with her having a daughter of my own and knowing that we’re of the same age, although I can only imagine what she’s going through now. I only learned today that she has stage 3A breast cancer. We’re all praying for her to survive this. Will you please help us pray for her, too?

And please click the link to Daphne's blog for more details on breast cancer awareness. 

2 comments:

Sharina said...

Recently lost a tita to this so I am very much a supporter of this campaign.

Im a new follower, mommy! Im an expectant mom and from backreading your posts, I know ill certainly learn a lot from u!

♥,
Shari
The Misty Mom

cris said...

Hi Shari! :) Thanks for reading my blog. I just visited your blog. I love it! I'm adding you to my blogroll.

Dropby again! :)

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...