Thursday, July 10, 2014

Field Trip to Nido Science Discovery Center

28 February 2014

For Miya's last field trip for SY2013-2014, her class went to the Nido Science Discovery Center at SM Mall of Asia. Joema and I went with her. Sorry I don't remember how much we paid for this but I'm pretty sure you can google the entrance fees.

This was outside by the entrance of the center

Our first stop inside was at the planetarium. We waited for a long time inside the planetarium, unfortunately, there was some technical problems so they asked us to do the other galleries first.



I realized this was actually Miya's first "theater" experience. Fortunately, she didn't get scared when the lights were dimmed and she watched the whole show. We didn't prep her for it or anything because I realized it late that this was a "pseudo-theater" experience for her. As I've xpected she asked a lot of questions but she was mostly watching the show. The planetarium show was made for kids. The first part of the show has Big Bird and Elmo from Sesame Street as story tellers. They discussed about the moon and stars. And then the second part is a story about the outer space with the characters looking for different kinds of planets. But yes, we want back to the planetarium after going around the center. Here are more photos of Miya going around.




I love this photo...my litle girl waiting in line
Walking with her classmates around the center
Blurry photo but shows how participative she was in the different galleries

The video above shows a monitor where you can have a 10 second video of yourself. Miya was the one talking saying "I cannot reach it" because she can't see the video while it's being played haha.

Miya was so interested in this gallery. I was 7 weeks pregnant that time so I was telling her how big our baby was then.
"This is our baby"
She didn't want to leave this gallery. We moved to the next two galleries after this but we had to go back because she was really interested. :)
Here she is infront of a replica of Lolong, the largest croc (or alligator) found in the Philippines
Here's a preview of the show at the planetarium. A Chinese friend of Elmo and Big Bird sings "Twinkle, twinkle Little Star" in Chinese.


I wish I had more photos of Miya doing the interactive things in each gallery. But they're either blurry or I wasn't able to capture it. This was a good science center for the kids. Most of the galleries were interactive so the students really touched the exhibits and had fun with them. All in all this was a good first time experience for Miya in a science museum.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...