Thursday, February 19, 2015

Papa's 60th Birthday

So I'm going to do a little #throwbackThursday and #flashbackFriday on Thursdays and Fridays (obviously) for my backlogs. And then for the rest of the week, try to write something more current although most of these posts will really be a few days late already hehe. So without further ado, here's my first #tbt post on my father's 60th birthday. I actually drafted this post before I gave birth to Javi.

21 - 22 June 2014

My father turned 60 years old last June. I booked us a suite in Crosswinds Resort via a voucher I bought from Deal Grocer. Ever since I saw this property in Anna’s blog I wanted to go. So this was a perfect time for us. I booked a one-bedroom suite for us – 5 adults and 1 kid. Joema and I got the room while my parents bunked in the sofa bed and we got an extra mattress for my brother.

We had lunch at Buon Giorno at Cliffhouse and then had ice cream at the gelato place there.


We were so thrilled with the steak we got when we were last in Tagaytay so I told my  parents we can buy steak at the market and eat that for dinner that night. So that’s what we did, only I forgot to bring a pan to cook the steak so we also stopped by the Robinsons supermarket before heading to Crosswinds. We arrived at Crosswinds a bit earlier than 2pm. They were very strict with the checking in time so they had us wait at their restaurant until it was 2pm and then we were led to our suite. Miya was asleep while we were waiting for the time so when we got to our suite she was all hyper again. Some of the adults tried to nap and rest. Around 4pm we were on our way to the pool at Crosswinds. Note that their pool is open until 5pm for free. Afterwards, you can still stay there for a fee (they consider it night swimming and I suppose the fee is for the lights).

Thank God, the grandparents willingly took care of Miya at the pool




Sobrang saya lang ng anak ko di ba?
Was very much pregnant at that time!

When our little girl got tired of swimming, we stayed at the playground just beside the pool and ate some junk food hahaha and took more photos!





That night for dinner, my brother cooked the steak. It was yummy! We bought tenderloin I think it was cut into thin strips and we also bought steak sauce from Robinsons earlier. Yum yum! After eating, Joema and I went out with my brother to buy cake for Papa. We couldn’t find any bakery so we decided to go to Starbucks and buy cake from there. When we got back to Crosswinds, Miya was still awake but I’m glad she decided to sleep with her lola. I savor those nights when she sleeps with her grandparents. No feet kicking preggo me while sleeping hahahaha!

The next day we surprised Papa with our gift and the cake.

Surpise, Lolo! Happy birthday!

Happy ang mag-lolo

Happy birthday to you!

Make a wish!

Papa and Mama then went downstairs to have the free breakfast. The room only came with two free breakfasts. While the rest of us stayed and ate our baon na adobo for breakfast heehee.

We had just enough time to go around Crosswinds and take a few pictures. It’s very picturesque there. It’s like you’re not in the Philipines any more hehe. Too bad Santa Claus’ house was closed when we were there. Sorry my photos are not high-res, these were downloaded from my brother's FB account hence the not so clear images. 






After checking out, we heard mass at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish. We were supposed to have lunch at Nuvali but we stopped by Good Shepherd to buy ube. When we got there, they also sell cooked food so we tried their arroz caldo and lumpiang sariwa. We were stuffed by the time we left so we decided to skip Nuvali and go straight home. As per Miya’s request, we had Jollibee chicken joy for lunch hahaha!

Papa thoroughly enjoyed his birthday. This was all a suprise to him. He didn't know where we were going until we were actually there in Tagaytay. He was just told to pack a few things for an overnight stay. So happy to be able to gift him with that weekend with us and his then only apo.  

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...