Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Last Hurrah for the Holidays

During the holidays, I went on leave from work starting on the 21st of December. But before going back to the office on the 4th of January, our family went on a staycation at F1 Hotel BGC. Actually on New Year's Day I was so itching to go out but at the same time I was mindful that I can't be exhausted from going out. I wanted to go to Tagaytay actually and book a room there. But Joema was kinda lazy to get off his butt on New Year's Day. I was texting my friend Joy about this and she said she also wanted to go to Tagaytay but the hotel rates were a bit steep since it was a holiday. The next day, she messaged me if we will still push through with Tagaytay. Naglambing pa ko kay Joema na pasyal naman kami, but my lazy husband told me to go to the village playground instead "Dyan ka sa playground pumasyal". Kainez haha! Joy suggested if the kids can instead go to Kidzania while we can go to a salon/spa to relax. But I didn't want to pay for the fee in Kidzania as I found it a bit steep plus with Miya's age she will be required to have a guardian inside so that's almost 2k just for her+guardian and then another round of expenses for us adults. Yikes! So I went online to Agoda and searched for hotels in the area. Agoda's price for the deluxe room king bed was around P5,100 so I told Joema about it and (surprise, surprise!) convinced him to have a staycation.  So I immediately booked (medyo nahirapan pa ko to book coz Agoda's site was having some technical difficulties). Anyway, after lunch we were on our way to BGC! I was pleasantly delighted when they upgraded us to a city suite! Yey!

The kids with Ate Glenda settling down

Miya watching Masterchef Junior. I was surprised she remembers Gordon Ramsey and the other judges from the Masterchef (adult edition) show. 

Ang bugoy na ayaw mag-afternoon nap. Buti na lang nakatulog din kahit saglit lang. 
We invited Joy and Mek and the kids to go with us. Joema brought the PS3 which kept the kids preoccupied while Miya went to the pool to swim. We actually all though Miguel will also swim because that was the initial plan. But Miya couldn't wait anymore for Miguel to arrive so we told her she can go ahead and swim (with adult supervision of course).

Javi is so enamored with his Kuya Miguel

Ate Miya enjoying herself at the kiddie pool



Hahaha kinikilit sya ni Ninong Mek nyan
For dinner, the boys went to S&R to buy pizza, chicken and dessert! Yum! 



I think our guests left around 11pm already. By that time Javi was already asleep. Thank God we got an upgrade, and the room was enclosed and separated from the living areas because Javi wouldn't sleep knowing that there are still other people there he can play with.

The next morning, our little chicken (Javi) woke up early, as usual.

The last time we were at F1 Hotel, Javi was still inside my tummy -  one day short of being born. =)

Ate Miya and Daddy are still sleeping

Finally, Ate is awake. They can play na! 
During breakfast, Miya had pancakes and bacon while Javi ate a lot of yogurt while sampling almost all the food we got hehe.

Here, Javi is eating some bacon

Acting out "Itsy Bitsy Spider" while Ate is singing. 
Javi and Joema still had time to take a nap when we returned to our room before we checked out. I love staycations. It was the perfect way to end the holidays!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...