Monday, January 04, 2016

Our First Christmas at Our New Home

Was so excited for last year's Christmas (gah! Can't believe it's already 2016!) because it was the first time we celebrated at our new home. Although we lacked Christmas decors (our decors except for the tree were courtesy of my father haha), we didn't lack in Christmas spirit as I wanted the kids, especially Miya, to enjoy this Christmas.

Christmas eve, although Joma had work he arrived early at home and we didn't have to rush to prepare for the Christmas eve mass at our village. The mass was at 8:30pm. By 7:45pm my parents together with Javi and one of our househelp went on ahead of us to the chapel. Joma, Miya and I with our other househelp arrived at the chapel around 8:15pm. I couldn't really wait that long in the chapel since I've not been comfortable with all the pregnancy weight I've gained (ack!). Before leaving for mass, we took a family pic right by our Christmas tree. 

Christmas family pic

When we got home, Jay ate Noche Buena ahead of us as he needed to leave. 

Nauna na sa crispy pata

Picture with the kiddos before he leaves

Pareho ng ngiti ah

While waiting for midnight, Miya hunted for Kinder Eggs which Lolo Arthur bought since early December. Side kwento: Miya's Lolo brought her kinder eggs almost wvery day the last few months but before Miya's exams in the first week of December I told the grannies no more kinder eggs. So they made a deal that Lolo will collect Kinder Eggs and give them all as Christmas gift hehe. 

My father had the brilliant idea to hide the eggs around our garden for Miya to find

Add caption

Daming eggs!

Picture with the grannies - Javi starting to be fussy at this time

I think we ate Noche Buena around 11pm. Surprisingly, both kids were still up and awake. Javi was so sleepy already but didn't want to sleep just yet. He was able to get through eating Noche Buena and opening of a few of his gifts hehe. After Miya opened all her gifts, I had to put Javi to bed because he started crying already.

Thank you parents for our Noche Buena feast

Group pic before eating

Miya very excited to open her gifts

Walang paki naman 'tong isa

The next morning, Santa's gifts were already under our tree. Miya asked for a dress and drinking glass from Santa. When I asked her why she didn't ask for toys, she said 'di ba sila Ninang naman magbibigay sa kin ng toys? Sila na magbibigay sa kin ng Shopkins and Glitzi Globe' Ahahaha! 

Santa's gifts wrapped in that polka dot gold wrapper




We also opened Javi's remaining gifts on Christmas morning. After that we went to my parents house then to my father's side of the family for Christmas breakfast as with our usual tradition. Then we went back to our house for lunch and slept for afternoon siesta. Everyone's happy! Hope you had a wonder Christmas celebration as well. 

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...