Friday, April 28, 2006

Laluz April 23-24, 2006

This post is long overdue. And kaya lang ako magpopost is because I'm going to Hundred Islands tomorrow so I have to make kwento na about Laluz or else I need to make kwento 2 trips next week hehe.

We all met up at Tric's house at around 7am Sunday. That was supposed to be 630am but all of us were late but lo and behold Joema was the first to arrive there. =P Joema and I rode with Epoy since he brought his car because he didn't want to stay overnight because of a business presentation the next day. While the others were in Tric's van. During our car ride we played '20 questions'. You know the game where one player thinks of something and the other will guess it by asking 20 questions. Epoy's object was tissue and we weren't able to guess it. My object was stapler and they didn't guess it. So that gives us 1 point each, except for Joema. His object was a headset and we guessed it in 11 questions haha! We were telling him why he would choose something so close to his heart, that is, he uses it at work. By the time we asked if he has it on his desk at work we were able to narrow down our guesses. After that first round we weren't able to play anymore since Joema went to sleep. He had only 2 hours of sleep the night before. We passed by Lipa City to pick up Mek, Joy and Kyla and we also bought drinks for our stay in Laluz. Then it was a long drive to Laluz. It took us forever to get there (exag!). But it was really a long drive. And the rough road didn't help either. I don't know what time we arrived at Laluz but I bet everyone was just happy we finally arrived.


We didn't swim immediately because the sun was glaring down on us. Basta we were there before lunch so super init na talaga. Only EJ and TJ were brave enough to go for a swim in that heat. Sabagay mapuputi naman sila. A few minutes after we arrived we ate lunch na. Nothing spectacular naman. I was hoping for a really delicious buffet meal. I was disappointed. They served us kare-kare, fried chicken, tilapia and then for dessert there fresh fruits. After lunch we rested for a while and by that time our room was ready. We changed into our swimming attires then (no we didn't swim!) played dodge ball then volleyball. Di nga kami nag-swimming nangitim naman kami sa paglalaro ng volleyball. May pustahan na manlilibre ng halo-halo ang talo. Mygawd! I don't play volleyball but I played just for the sake of it. The first time we did it the bet was void since the couples were separated between the two teams so parang wala din nanalo. So we had to play another round. Ayun natalo na kami haha! I was so tired after the game, I ate a lot of the merienda..pansit and kutchinta. Then for dessert halo-halo! We were all exhausted so we were thinking if we should still go snorkeling. We were thinking that we should do it the next day na lang but since Epoy was leaving that night we snorkeled na rin. But since it was already getting dark, I think that was around 5pm na, we didn't see much of the corals and konting fish lang.

Dinner time came then we washed up na after. Then poker time! All of them play poker...they have a poker night atleast once a week but I never joined them so it was my first time to play poker. Kala ko mananalo na ko. Sayang! No beginner's luck for me! I didn't join the second round because I was too sleepy(and tipsy) to think. Di ko na namalayan basta nagkatulugan na rin. Joema and I slept in the loft together with EJ and TJ. The rooms in Laluz are spacious and well worth the amount that we paid for it. The aircon is functioning, the bathroom is big, no problem with the water in the shower and the toilet is separate.

The next day after breakfast Heili, Joema and I treated ourselves for a massage. Their P250 massage is like an P800 massage here in Manila. It was super! Mek, Joy and EJ went snorkeling again and they told us it was better if we did it in the morning. There were a lot of fishes and the corals are colorful. Sayang we didn't have enough time to do it again. We had to leave at 1030am coz Heili has to be in Manila at around 2pm, she has a student waiting for her.

The ride home was hilarious. Ang kulit nila Mek, Tric at Joema (TJ was the one driving). I don't know how we started the kwento about how when we were younger if our teachers asked us to draw something it turned out that all of us drew the same thing. The one with the two mountains, with the sun rising between them, and the trees and a nipa hut in the middle of the fields with birds (drawn as letter v) flying about. To think we were from different schools. Basta it was funny! They came up with a theory pa na baka we were all aliens and we came from a place that looks like that. Kulit!

Overall my trip to Laluz wouldn't have been fun if I wasn't with Joema and the rest of Migs. Laluz was so-so....nothing spectacular but I enjoyed the company I was with. I'll post more pics next time.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...