Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Love Dogs

This is Rico, our chow-chow. Well actually he's not a pure-breed chow-chow. According to the official website of chow-chow club, chow-chows have blue-black tongue. Look at Rico's tongue, it's not blue-black. But if you look closely he has black spots on his tongue and the underside is black. Rico's also disqualified on some of the characteristics that are mentioned in the site but that's okay coz we love him still.



The whole family adores him..he's so cute! We got him last December. Much about the same time we had Rushie (Labrador) and Ruth and Sarah (but they both died a few months after we got them). It's the first time our family had pure-bred dogs. We've always had dogs in our home pero puro askal(asong kalye) lang. Now we have five dogs..Rico, Rushie and 3 other askals -- Chocolate, Tisoy and Cutie. Is it obvious that Rico is my favorite? :) And I think this is the first time that I learned to love our dogs. As I've said we've always had dogs but I never bother with them. I won't care if they're around or not. Maybe it's because our dog before Rico came, Grumpy, died while I was home. I heard his last cry before he died. Grumpy was sick for a few days but we weren't able to take him to the vet. The day that I was about to take him he died. It was really sad. Grumpy was a sweet puppy. He was always inside our house as if he really belonged here while our other dogs are outside pero nasa bakuran naman. Sayang he died early. That's the beginning of my new-found love for dogs. :)



Look at Rico...nasilaw sa flash hehehe

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...