Friday, June 16, 2006

Singapore Day 2

We started our day by hearing mass. Hightech talaga sa Singapore. Aside from a white large screen at the front of the church where the responsorial psalm and mass songs are projected, they have flat screen TVs installed at the church posts (plural talaga ito!). I've been to a parish here in the Philippines where they have TV screens on the right and left sides of the church (count that 1, 2) but that church in Singapore has TV screens at the right and left sides after every 6 pews (so I think they have around 10 TV sets at that church). Para ka lang nanonood ng mass sa TV sa bahay mo pag Sunday haha.

After the mass we went back to the condo to eat our breakfast - tira nung handa sa party hehe pero okay lang coz I love their fried chicken. I told Jo nga that if my friends here at the Philippines asked me if I ate Hainanese chicken at Singapore I will tell them that I ate marinated fried chicken at Jo's place beat that! Then we're off to Mustafa Center to buy our pasalubong. Mustafa Center is a building with 3-4 floors where they sell everthing! As in everything coz you can buy PS2 games, watches, perfumes, clothes, shoes, electronics, grocery items, everything talaga. We had our money changed first syempre before we went shopping. I only bought pasalubong there (just 1 Singapore shirt for me) then we went back to the condo to leave our things and we ate some cake (from the night's party). We still have enough time so we watched TV after eating - TFC channel. Tuloy I was able to watch Gudtaym where Toni imitated Kris Aquino as host of Deal or No Deal, but instead of that title they had Meal or No Meal. Toni is hilarious I tell you. This girl is a natural comedienne. She's able to pull it off as Kris with all her mannerisms, her sqeuaky voice and her model pose while asking Deal or No Deal. To think that they shot the show with a live audience. Funny talaga! Okay, I'm digressing...back to my story.



We rode the MRT going to Harbour Front and then from there Abi, Mel and I will ride the cable car going to Mt. Faber first then to Sentosa. Jo, David and Myrna rode the bus from Harbour front to Sentosa. Mel went with us in the cable car coz she's the only who's already in Singapore who hasn't ridden the cable car to Sentosa. Para din syang turista gaya namin ni Abi. The ride cost us SGD12.90 (that includes admission to Sentosa) and that's from Harbourfront to Mt. Faber to Sentosa then back to Harbourfront. Kaya wala akong kawala kahit na ayoko ng sumakay don pabalik. Gosh! I really hate heights. I remember the time we went to Ilocos and visited Cape Bojeador. We went to the top of the tower -- it was so fucking high! I was crying when we went down. Sobrang nalula talaga ko. Sa cable car naman sa Ocean Park I was holding the railing the entire ride. Sila Penny and Charline where taking pictures while I was so nervous dahil ang taas-taas na namin.

Look cable car # 69. Di naman obvious na takot ako noh. Pero kapit na kapit ako kay Abi jan.


When we finally got to Sentosa, we had to meet up with the other three at Underwater World.


They told us to ride the Blue Line Bus. We went to the queue for the blue line bus waiting for a blue bus to pick us up. But only yellow buses were passing through our bus stop hahaha stupid! They only call it the blue line but the bus are all colored yellow. But before we realized that I told them that we can also ride the Green Line Bus (that's based on the Sentosa map we got at the entrance). So we lined up there since it was a shorter line. When we got there no green buses were arriving and 3 yellow buses where lined up at the Blue Line. Haay...sa blue line bus na yellow ang color din kami sumakay. Hanglabo!

Entrance fee to Underwater World costs SGD19.50 which also includes the dolphin show. But since we were with Mel who's working at Singapore (I forgot the name of the pass that were exclusive for them) we only paid SGD13.50. Underwater World is so-so compared to Atoll Reef at Ocean Park, HK. And since it was a Sunday when we went there, there were hordes of people inside. We had a hard time taking pictures of us with the fish inside the aquarium. The one better thing in Underwater World is that they have the conveyor belt where you just have to hop in and it will take you around the aquarium. But wait, I think they also have that at Atoll Reef. I take it back.




I think it only took us 30 mins to go around and take pictures inside Underwater World. Then we're off to the dolphin show. We took the red line bus (na kulay yellow pa rin hehe) going to the Dolphin Lagoon. Again I think Ocean Park's dolphin show is better since aside from dolphins they also have sea lions that are oh-so-adorable. Although the good thing about Sentosa is that they have pink dolphins (so cute!) and the audience can interact with the dolphins (IF you're lucky enough to be picked by the host). Wait, I think at Ocean Park there's also an audience who was picked to interact with the dolphin and sea lion. But it still better at Sentosa, in this aspect, because they have more interactions and more people get to interact with the dolphins - they picked 6 people who waded the waters to be with the dolphins. Wish ko lang may dala silang pamalit na damit. Medyo bad trip lang coz it was raining when we went to Sentosa and when we got to Dolphin Lagoon, all the seats under the tents where already taken. We had to seat holding our umbrellas so that we won't get wet. Buti na lang sa kalagitnaan ng show medyo tumila din ang ulan.

After the dolphin show we went straight to the Musical Fountain. Yes, we didn't go to the other attractions at Sentosa. Sabi kasi nila Jo di naman daw ganon kaganda. But that's okay with me since mahal din naman yung mga entrance fee. Atleast yung binayaran namin two-in-one and yung Musical Fountain is for free. Before the show started we went up the Merlion Walk to take pictures. The Merlion at Sentosa is the biggest in Singapore.




It's really big that we can still see it from our seats at the Musical Fountain.


The show started at 740pm. The sun sets at a later time at Singapore (compared here at Manila). Dun mga 7pm medyo parang 5pm dito sa atin. The light show was amazing. It was the first time I watched a show like that. I had a hard time keeping my mouth close hahaha. I was literally in awe at the spectacle in front of me.


This is Kiki the monkey from Sentosa and he has a big crush on Princess Pearl. Sayang I don't have a picture of her. That small man in blue and yellow is the host of the show.


I forgot the name of this robot, but this is the sibling of Kiki.



Hello, hello, hello ... that's the song from the show. Puro ganyan lang narinig ko kaya after the show kumakanta na ko nyan. Uwian na after the light show but before the dreaded cable car ride more picture taking.



No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...