Friday, July 07, 2006

Puerto Princesa June30-July2, 2006

Grace and I have this tradition of going out of town, just the two of us, every year. It started in 2002 when we went to Banaue/Sagada, then Marinduque the following year. I don't why we didn't go anywhere in 2004 but we went to Boracay last year. For 2006, we went to Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Our deal is to go on a Coron trip when he has found Mr. Right, and we'll bring him and Joema along with us. hehe

The night before our trip, I slept at Grace's condo because we had an early flight the next day. For me that was the start of my vacation. But I had a minor accident the next morning...
I was looking for my contact lenses in my tote bag when I felt a sting on my thumb. I didn't bother with it because I didn't see what it was. Ganon ako kabulag pag walang salamin! My thumb was already bleeding and I didn't even see what caused it. It was my shaver pala and it didn't have it's cap on kaya na-slice tuloy yung balat ko. My thumb didn't stop bleeding I was frightened I'll lose enough blood to die. Waaaahhh!!! I just wrapped my thumb in tissue paper until I asked for band-aid from the stewardess on the plane.




We were picked up at the airport by a staff from Badjao Inn where we stayed. The inn was a little old but for its price it was okay. It's near the aiport, the good restaurants and Puerto Princesa capitol. After eating lunch at the inn's restaurant we headed for the ATM machine first because Grace wasn't able to bring cash. Tricycle is the main transportation in Puerto Princesa. The fare is only P6 for near places but for places were the tricycle rarely goes you have to rent the tricycle for the two-way trip. This we found out after we almost didn't go home from Honda Bay hahaha. But before that we had a hard time going to Honday Bay. Kasi naman I didn't remember the name of the wharf we were supposed to go to. Yung unang tricycle na pinara namin sabi ko lang sa sakayan ng bangka. Can you imagine how confused the manong tricycle is? haha He said he'd bring us to the fishing wharf but that didn't sound right so we went down from his tricycle and hailed another one. This time I told manong that we wanted to go island hopping at Honda Bay but since I can't remember the name of the wharf I told him to go to Badjao inn instead. I wanted to go back to our inn because I need to get my cellphone, which I left with its baterry charging in our room, and text somebody who knew. Good thing manong suggested to take us to Sta. Lourdes wharf where there are boats that will take us around Honday Bay. Ayun natandaan ko nang Sta. Lourdes wharf nga dapat kami pumunta so nagpaderetso na kami don. Siningil nya kami ng P90 papunta but he didn't bother to tell us that it was hard to get a tricycle there going back to the city proper. Anyway, when we got to the wharf there's a tourist information center there. They were really organized. The tourists get to pick which islands they want to go to and then they, we, are assigned a boat with a registered boatman. Pay the boat, which costs P1000 if you want to go to 3 islands, and the terminal fee of P3 per pax and off you go. Our choice of the 3 islands are Pandan, Snake and Starfish island. They told us that we need to pay entrance fees for the three islands. Logic tells me that if the island has an entrance fee that means the island is ... hence the beach is beautiful. You can also opt to go to just one island which, if I remember correctly, costs around P800 or go to Dos Palmas for P1000 or Dos Palmas plus three other islands for P1500. The catch is Dos Palmas has an entrance fee of P500 unlike in Pandan and Starfish were you only pay P25 and P40, respectively. Other choices for island hopping are bat island, luli island, We rented snorkeling masks and bought bread because they said Snake island is ideal for snorkeling and fish feeding.

First stop: Pandan island. We had the beach to ourselves we had the time of our lives taking pictures


As usual nakapikit ang lola nyo


My pinakamalanding pose


The glorious waters of Honda Bay

Second stop: Snake Island. The island is shaped like a snake thus the name, not because it's inhabited by snakes. Takot ko lang magpunta don. The island is a sight to behold...


Part of the island leading to the "tail"


We had fun jumping in front of the camera


Ngiting-ngiti ang mga hitad


Schools of fish waiting to be fed. Grabe there are hundreds of them, takot nga ko nung una dahil feeling ko pati ako kakainin na nila. Sayang we didn't bring an underwater camera. They were selling it there pala for P800 but it was too late when we found out.


That's a real starfish I'm holding. Tigas pala ng starfish parang bato and the only thing that will make you think it's alive is the small tentacles it has at the back. Star ako noh! hehe

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...