Wednesday, December 20, 2006

2006 Year-end Party

Last Friday was the year-end/Christmas party of our department. It was held at the Palawan ballroom of Edsa Shangri-La. The theme of the party was ballroom dancing. I thought I wouldn't enjoy the party because I'm not into ballroom dancing, or any dancing at all. But it was so much fun! Of course the night was started by a sumptuous feast. I was so delighted there was a bibingka and puto bumbong stand. Yummy! Paskong pasko talaga! There a lot of prizes that was raffled off. Of all those boxes, I only won gift cheques P400 from Delifrance and P200 from SM. I'm not complaining, but it would've been better if I won the overnight stay at Edsa Shang hihi



There were also games, well just two actually. In the first one, we only had to find a star under our seats. Can you see me looking for a star under my seat? I didn't find any!



I was a participant in the second game. There were two teams, each member holding a letter from the word Christmas.



We have to form words from the letters that were given to us. The host will give the definition and then we'll guess the word.

Like M-A-S-S



and C-H-A-R-M. Pasaway ako hindi ako nakaharap di tuloy kita yung M na hawak ko.



It was so funny because some of our teammates either don't know how to spell or keep on forgetting what letter they are holding hahaha. Muntik pa tuloy kaming matalo! Talagang career kami sa pagsagot!

The highlight of the party was the dance contest. Jopen was our representative for the night. Pambato namin sa dance contest at Star of the Night award. O ha! Ang taray ng lola ko! Hiniram pa namin yang damit na yan kay Regine Tolentino. And she won the first place in the dance contest and was a runner up for Star of the Night!



We were so happy when they announced she was the winner in the dance contest!





But she should've been the winner for both. I don't want to post the pictures of the other contenders for Star of the Night. Let me just say that the winner wore a dress that's best worn as a bridesmaid or maid of honor in a wedding. Enough said!

Okay aside from the dance contest, another highlight for the night was...



me dancing the swing! OMG! And I didn't dance just once...





..but twice. See the first DI was wearing the pink shirt the next one wearing the black shirt. Sobrang obvious na photo-op pa 'tong last pic bwahahaha! I never imagined I would enjoy ballroom dancing. Galing ng mga DI...feeling ko ako din magaling. =P

Of course Christmas parties won't be complete without lots of group picture taking!









Merry Christmas everyone! 5 days to go!!!

**all pictures were taken by our official photographer, except for the last 6 pictures taken from my cam.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...