Thursday, February 15, 2007

George Stephanopalous, Stevie Wonder’s mom and a soldier

What do they have in common? I bought them, well actually, books about them yesterday. But I’m getting ahead of my Valentine's day kwento. :) And you thought I wouldn’t post anything about Valentine’s.

My Valentine’s day started on the 13th. My father gave me a bouquet of roses =) teehee…



I never thought I’d like receiving flowers. When I was in HS I didn’t get it why my friends are all giddy when they received flowers (siguro inggit lang ako? haha) I like receiving chocolates and balloons back then. My philosophy was I can’t eat roses and balloons are way cuter! I don’t know when I actually started wanting to receive flowers.

Anyhoo, come V-day, we all went to dinner my family with Joema. Joema and I met up at Powerbooks. Bought some books and received a single rose aka “Joema’s Valentine gifts”.


It wasn’t traffic yet so we arrived early at Robinson’s Metro East and got to hang around Mocha Blends.



I started reading George Stephanopalous’ book. I actually bought the book only because I remembered his name in one episode of Friends. The one where the Phoebe, Rachel and Monica were looking out to his apartment window whilst he was with a woman. It was mentioned there that he was an adviser of Clinton. Thus the curiosity in buying the book about him and his work at The White House.

Last night’s dinner was at Max’s (same resto where we had our dinner at last year’s Valentine’s day). Tanong tuloy si Joema:

Joema: Max’s na naman? Di ba dun na last year (Note: He joined us dinner last year)
Ako: Oo ganun talaga yung mga yon. Parating sa parehong resto lang kumakain.

It’s this thing my mom has about trying new food – she doesn’t do that. So we always end up at the same restaurant if there is an occasion. The weird thing is if she’s with other people she’s okay with trying new restos, to which my brother quipped that it’s only because wala na syang magawa hehehe.

So where was I in my kwento? Oh we were at Mocha Blends and everybody else were just on their way to Rob. My mom was the first to arrive she texted asking where we were so I told her we were at Mocha Blends. And then I received a text from her that she’s at Max’s so Joema and I went there. Jay was already there when we arrived but she was nowhere in sight – she went downstairs pala to Mocha Blends. Hay hanube delayed na naman ang messages! Akala ko pa naman nagpa-waitlist na sya dun sa waitress, good thing nagpalista na ko weven before she arrived. We waited for a few minutes for our table. When we were about to get seated my father arrived naman so timing na timing.

We ordered the usuals – crispy Pata, kare-kare, pansit and chicken of course. Sarap talaga ng lutong Pinoy!

While waiting for our food




Busog na



When we got home, Joema, my brother and I watched CSI in Studio 23 - walang kasawaan kahit na alam na kung anong mangyayari - and then It’s a Guy Thing afterwards. It’s really creepy when I heard Bubbles call Borgy “Mayor". Remember that rumour that he’s running for Manila mayor? Ayayayay! This was the first time I watched the whole show. Ketchup is so funny!

The news was on after it so we watched American Idol instead. Enough of the election campaign hullabaloo! Joema called it a night after the 56 hopefuls were cut down to 40. It was just an ordinary night for us but that’s okay the important thing was we were together.

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s day yesterday, may it be with your bf/gf, friends or family. Continue spreading the love. :)

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...