Monday, March 12, 2007

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho and Off to Work We Go

I've been itching to blog about Penny's bday celeb and Grace's bday/despedida this past weekend. But I feel a bit sad right now with my work. I know I've been raving about my performance evaluation for last year. But I can't help but think that I'm not really happy here. I'm not happy with what I'm doing. On my first job I quit because I didn't like my boss very much plus I feel that she's not giving me work to use up my full potential. So I left and worked for a much nicer boss, much nicer co-workers and much nicer company. I liked my work on my 2nd company. My work there entails long working hours as in late in the evening until 12 midnight. Because of the long working hours, I didn't have much time to study for actuarial exams thus no exams passed while I was there. That was hard because my salary increase depended on my passing the exams which is sad because as much as I like my work, my boss and my co-workers I can't live with only that much salary. Plus I felt that the stress of studying and taking the exams was so much for me. I didn't want to pursue the actuarial career because of that. Taking actuarial exams is investing your time, money and emotions into it. I didn't have the time. I didn't have the money. And I felt I can't take it anymore. So when I saw the advertisement for an opening here at the bank, I applied. And much to my delight they called me for an exam and interview. As they say, the rest is history.

But now, I find myself missing my previous work. I miss the stress that comes with the work. I miss my boss and co-workers who eventually became my friends. The only thing that makes me happy here at my present job is my salary. I know, it's so shallow. I think I'm overpaid with the work I'm doing here. I'm not challenged with my work here. Feeling ko nabo-bobo ako dito. So I decided to make other plans. And that 'other plans' replied to me:

Thank you for submitting your resume and for your interest in opportunities with W. If you are selected for an interview or further information is needed, someone will contact you directly. Otherwise, please keep us in mind and apply for another position in the future.

W is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.


The purpose of this post: Please pray for me. Please pray that if it's meant for me to stay here, that I should learn to be patient and accept what I have now. But if it's better for me to go to another place then please pray that I will have the courage to do just that.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...