Friday, May 02, 2008

Health is Wealth

Ever since I underwent our Annual Physical Exam and the doctor told me to go on a diet because of my high cholesterol, I have been a good patient. I started eating oatmeal everyday, less intake of rice (oatmeal is my alternative), and I ate fish and vegetables only. I did this for more than a month. Although there were times when I ate some pork and chicken, maybe two or three times during that entire duration. But after I went for another blood test, I immediately ate cheeseburger, pizza and Jollibee chickenjoy. I was really happy the second blood test resulted to normal levels of cholesterol. So now I’m back to eating pork and beef. Although I still try to eat more fish and vegetables and I still have my oatmeal daily. Both Joema and I are starting to really watch what we eat. While I had high cholesterol, Joema on the other hand has high blood pressure. His blood pressure was monitored for a month after his medical exam.

My father's side of the family has a medical history of diabetes and high blood pressure. My grandmother has diabetes so we are prone to have it too. When we take her to the hospital for confinement, it’s either because of her diabetes or her high blood pressure. Both my father and his sister are now taking medicines to lower their high blood sugar level. I am not sure though if they are experiencing neuropathy yet.

Now that I'm older, I'm starting to realize why people wish their loved ones good health during their birthdays. I now appreciate that kind of well-wishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn ѕomеthing totally new аnԁ challеngіng оn blogs Ι
ѕtumbleupon every ԁаy. It's always exciting to read through articles from other writers and practice a little something from their sites.
Check out my blog Retinopathy Remedy

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...