Tuesday, June 24, 2008

At Sea

My cousin is a musician and he used to be a part of a band who entertains the guests of a cruise ship. Theirs isn’t one of those Christian Cruises but he got to travel to different parts of the world. He was able to go to North and South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. He said most of the people onboard the cruise ship are old people mostly pensioners who are living leisurely. When I grow old, I want to be one of those people. I want to get onboard a cruise ship and travel. I might even consider going on a Christian Cruise. Most Christian Cruises would ply the Mediterranean and have ports of call in different cities in the three continents surrounding it – Europe, Asia and Africa. I would love to go on a week-long cruise or even longer. Of course that is a different matter when you work in a cruise ship like my cousin. He only gets to go home once a year. For ten months he will be at sea and the times they are on land are far in between. He really gets homesick. Once he knows the date he will be coming back to the Philippines, he starts counting down the days. I guess it’s never really as much fun when you’re there for work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cris, pag Christian cruise ba as in may mga prayer time talaga yan and bible studies and stuff??

cris said...

oo may bible teachings sabi sa website nila hehe.

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...