Monday, June 23, 2008

Dream Bride

Since my last post about the mananahi, I was having a hard time sleeping at night. So anyway, after sulking about it I started asking people for referral. Rhoda referred her friend’s mananahi, EJ referred her officemate’s grandma and then I got the contact details of Deepa’s friend designer, Tria. I got the phone number of Rhoda’s contact. Then I emailed EJ the designs so she can ask for a quotation.

I also emailed Tria and sent her a text message last Friday. Yahoo and Globe are playing some kind of trick on us, it’s either I didn’t get her text or she didn’t receive my email or vice versa. But she was really patient with me and tried to resend her message via email or text. Anyway, it was already too late for her to send the quotation over the weekend so she promised to send it to me Monday.

Almost everyday last week, I met up with a different modista/designer. On Monday, I met up with the one referred by Rhoda. Her shop is in New Manila and we went there during lunch time. Jopen and Rhoda came with me. Let’s just say I was heartbroken after the meeting. Her prices were waaaaaaaaay over our budget. After that meeting, I got to chat with Jo Anne in YM and she told me Jayson’s mom also does wedding gowns and entourage dresses. So I sent her the pictures of the designs as well. That same afternoon, I received Tria’s quotation and we agreed to meet up Wednesday after office hours.

Come Wednesday, I met up with Tria. Rhoda and Terence were kind enough to go there with me. It’s a good thing it was near their house. Tria started sketching the designs for my entourage based on the styles I emailed her. They were all lovely. And then she sketched my gown. She asked me what I liked from the design I emailed her. The original design that I wanted would cost me so much so she designed a simpler gown, though still very beautiful. She totally got what I wanted. Her mom was a great help too. She was there while Tria’s sketching and voiced out some of her opinions which made the gown more beautiful. Then we started choosing the fabrics. I love the gown she sketched for me and I totally love the lace I chose, the design is not the conventional floral design. I didn’t even bother looking at their selection of laces. I love love love it. And Tria’s so nice, she was able to bring down the cost of my entourage’s gown by getting a different fabric and making the styles in a simpler cut. I already told her my budget when I first emailed her so she was very nice to accommodate my requests. I left their shop feeling happy and elated. And although when I woke up I changed my mind about the entourage’s gown, I was convinced I love the gown she will make for me. I can’t get my mind off the design she sketched and the lace and fabric (duchesse satin and charmeusse, I think) they will be using. It’s lacy and romantic just the way I like it. So I texted her and asked if it was okay to get only my bridal gown from her and she said YES! Last Saturday, I made the down payment and my measurement was taken (I took the picture while waiting for Tria). My first fitting will be on July 26. Yey!

Now I’m waiting for quotations for my entourage. Lorena’s mom’s on my list. And I’m waiting for the quotation from Jo Anne’s mother-in-law. Penny’s also canvassing for a modista, so I’m going with her to ask for a quotation. So, I’m back to being a happy bride-to-be, until the next wedding prep crisis, that is.

*blog title is the name of Tria's shop: Dream Bride located at 108 Congressional Ave., Quezon City

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOMYGAD! are you talking about Tria Villasis? she's married now, i'm not sure about her new last name but we went to the same HS and college. friend ko yan! SOBRANG BAIT YAN! AND she's super super detail-oriented and very thorough, you are in extremely good hands. she's super sweet pa. Next time you go for a fitting, tell her Anna (Amps to Tria!) Angeles said hi! SUPER SMALL WORLD GRABEEE

cris said...

HOMYGAD nga!!! yes that's her! she's Villasis-Ramolete now. she's super bait nga and very patient with me. i will tell her when i go to my first fitting!

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...