Thursday, August 14, 2008

Doctrines and Rings

I’m happy to have started striking off one by one the items on our list of church requirements. The latest one off our list is the Christian doctrine seminar as part one of the pre-cana seminar of EDSA Shrine. We were there by 8am but we were informed that the seminar really starts at 9am, we can instead have our breakfast first and then come back. So that’s what we did. We went to Ministop at Galleria to eat breakfast. Actually I’m the only one who ate because Joema had his breakfast before meeting up with me. It was still too early when we got back but most of the participants started arriving. Most of them are there to attend as requisite for the baptism of their child. Joema was so paranoid he kept telling me that we’re attending the wrong seminar. Not even the first speaker acknowledged the fact that there were couples who are about to get married. She just assumed that everyone’s married and already has a child about to be baptized. Anyway, the first speaker was Tita Minnie. She started talking about the sex and family planning, though this wasn’t part of that seminar, just to kill time. She said that love making is holy because it intended by God for procreation. She added that it was like the highest form of prayer. So next time when we’re in a family gathering and we are about to make love we can excuse ourselves and just tell our family member that it was prayer time already. And then the in-laws will say “Napakabait naman ng napangasawa ng anak ko..napakamadasalin” ahahahaha! She was about to tell us how to make a baby boy or girl based on the Billings family planning method when she saw that it was already 9am and time to start the real seminar.

The Christian doctrine seminar tackled three topics: the Credo, the seven Sacraments and then the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit. For each topic there was a different speaker. Tita Minnie was the most affable of them. She had tons of stories of her travel in the Holy Land. I wished she could have done the other two parts. But we’re lucky because she’ll be the facilitator in the second part of the pre-cana seminar: Parenthood. Anyway, after the first topic we had a mini-break and we’re told that we can go down to their office so that we can give our “donation”. The “donation” is actually the payment for those attending the seminar for the baptism or maybe it’s the payment for the baptism itself…I’m not sure. We went there just to confirm if we’re on the right seminar. When we asked, the guy said “Ah walang bayad yun” and then informed us that there is a second seminar.

The second and third topics were okay. We finished rather late because after the third topic they grouped us and had to report on what topic touched us the most. We were so eager to leave because we had to go to our jeweller to pick up my engagement ring and our wedding rings.

We arrived at Quezon City around 1pm. Yey! I finally have my engagement ring again.

Before















After



See i'ts now white gold to go well with our wedding rings. I love love love my wedding ring! Although we weren’t able to take home our rings yet because the engraving was wrong. Mine had “Cris” instead of “Joema” and vice versa. Boo! We had to leave them coz they will correct the engravings. Den den asked if I was in a hurry because she told me we can have the engravings corrected at Rustan's but I told her we weren't really in a hurry because our wedding is still a few months away.

5 comments:

karen said...

I'm ringless until Thurs. I dropped off my e-ring at the jeweler this afternoon to get it re-sized since it was 2 sizes too big. My wedding band is sitting here at home with me and I take it out every so often to put it on. Hehe.

cris said...

Ngayon ka lang nagpare-size ng engagement ring? hehe Ako within the week ng pagbigay pina-resize ko na agad hehe.

I might be doing that (with the wedidng band) when I get my hands on it haha!

Anna said...

cris, ang laki ng ginanda!!! it looks classier in white gold, good decision todo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the ring :)

cris said...

thanks, anna and abbie! I love my e-ring too! so much prettier na! no offence to joema for picking the original yellow gold hehe

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...