Monday, August 11, 2008

License to Wed

Had a chance to watch a lot of movies during the weekend like National Treasure 2, American Pie Presents Beta House, Jerry Maguire and License to Wed. I was able to watch License to Wed last Friday - the night before our pre-cana seminar at EDSA Shrine. It was a bit funny because I can totally relate to what's happening in the movie. Mandy Moore wanted to get married in the church where she grew up in while her fiance is a bit skeptical about the idea. Her finace wants to have a destination wedding but had no other choice but to give in to her wishes. As I mentioned in my previous posts, we're having a bit of a difficulty on our church requirements because of Joema's religion. He knows from the start that I really wanted a church wedding - a Catholic church wedding. And he really can't say no to me hehe. In the movie, they had to go through the church's marriage preparation course before the priest marries them and they had to do it in three weeks. Although I think Robin Williams' character Rev. Frank went a little bit too far by bugging the couple's apartment, it is a really good idea to go through a pre-marriage counseling. I wish we still have time to attend Discovery Weekend or even the marriage preparation program of CEFAM. But if not, then we'll have to make do with the pre-cana seminar of EDSA Shrine and the DSWD family planning seminar we attended in Antipolo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

shucks same uli tayo - kami rin we inquired about Discovery Weekend and CEFAM, but didn't have time. I wanted the Discovery weekend sana. Oh, they have it on Valentine's day ha! kaso yun nga mga soon-to-wed mga kasabay mo but the contact person I talked to before, sabi they can accomodate naman daw married couples na if you really wanna go. And I think it's in palawan or some out of town destination!

cris said...

yes, i heard nga na pwede rin sya for newly married couples. wow palawan! ang saya naman! i thought they only have it in tandang sora and sa tagaytay.

Frances said...

I'm not Catholic so I was disgruntled when I was kinda forced to have a Catholic ceremony (my hubby's family believes that if you aren't married in a Catholic church, you aren't married). So I hated going through all the counseling and stuff, but ya know what? They actually were fun and interesting. Vince and I were laughing over the parts where we were told about how to make love, and how to make girl babies and boy babies.

cris said...

Hey frances, thanks for sharing that! The facilitator on our pre-cana seminar is going to teach us nga daw how to make a baby girl or boy haha.

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...