Friday, September 12, 2008

48 hours

Last weekend we’ve managed to attend a birthday party, squeeze in my third fitting, go to our friend’s despedida and then went to the province. All that in less than 48 hours.

Joema and I met up at Gateway around 11am Saturday morning. We were at Outback, Libis for Vitto’s birthday just in time. Most of my officemates were there already.

Birthday boy Vitto..happy 1st bday!

My father fetched us after the party and then we went back to Cubao to fetch my mother. We then proceeded to Dream Bride for my third fitting. We were late when we got there (almost 3pm, sorry Tria, my appointment was at 2pm). I’ll try to blog about that and my second fitting on a separate entry.

Anyways, after the fitting my parents dropped us off at SM North, MRT station. Joema and I were going back to Ortigas to attend the anticipated mass at Megamall. Before the mass, we had enough time to go around and look for a bed and couch. I really wanted to buy the sofa bed we saw at Play and Display. We’ll see, we’ll see. There’s just so much to pay for - the wedding, the honeymoon, the condo. Ayayayayay!

After the mass, Ja fetched us at Mcdo, El Pueblo and together we went down south to Joy and Mek’s house for Epoy’s despedida. Since it was his last day with us we didn’t bother playing poker but just went ahead and told stories non-stop. If I didn’t tell them (at 3am!) that we had to leave coz we’re leaving early for the province the next day (which is actually only a few hours away), no one would have gone home. We were all just waiting for someone to say they had to go home already haha.

Paalis na yung tao ginagago pa rin ni Tricio

When Joema and I got home, we didn’t have time to sleep anymore. I told my parents we should just hit the road than let us sleep for only an hour or two. We had a shower, changed our clothes and we’re back on the road again – this time heading north to Nueva Ecija with my family. Joema and I we’re both asleep the entire trip (which is not really unusual for me hehe). Because of my brother’s excellent driving skills we arrived at my grandparents’ house around 730am. It was the first time for Joema to come with us and of course the first time to meet my grandparents. My lola said that he looked younger than me. (Hay naku buti na lang lola kita hehehe.) Joema met most of my relatives there – titas, cousins, nephews and nieces. It was also his first time to get to see a carabao up close haha! You see my grandparents are farmers. There are rice fields in front of their house and even at the back. When we first arrived, I was joking Joema that we own the rice fields as far as his eyes can see haha feeling haciendera!

Takot lumapit sa kalabaw

We were bound for Manila around 130pm, had an early dinner at NLEX and dropped off Joema at the condo before finally heading home. Whew! What a loooong weekend it was!

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...