Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kawawang Bata

Mukha kaming kawawa ni Joema nung Saturday. Ewan ko ba kung bakit wala kaming dalang pera non.

We first went to Denden’s to pick up our wedding rings. Remember, we weren’t able to get them because there was an error in the engravings? So we were finally able to get them with the correct engravings. They are beautiful. I love my wedding ring. It goes beautifully with my engagement ring.

We’ve also booked A Perfect Creation for the printing of our wedding invitation. We actually contacted another printer, that’s highly recommended by Pao but they cannot do the printing that we liked. I wanted the texts embossed and the design dry sealed. Iona of A Perfect Creation gave us a very reasonable price for the printing of our invitation plus they didn’t require a minimum number of invitations. Yey! Our invites will still be mostly DIY. We only booked them for the printing. I ordered papers from them for our envelopes but I will make those. It’s came out cheaper as the sheet was only P35 while if we have the envelopes custom-made they will charge us P20/envelope. I figured we still have time and we don’t have the budget haha so I better rely on my crafting skills! I will also printout the RSVP cards and the church/venue map as well. I think our invitations came out more expensive (per piece) because we decided to stick with our design, compared to just picking out readily available designs from other invitation suppliers but I’m happy with how our invitation looks like. No other invitation supplier (yung mga natanong ko lang naman) has a design like that.

Joema and I had lunch at Philcoa before we headed out to Kamuning. We went to Mands’ tailor, Knik, for Joema’s suit. We actually went to Onesimus the Friday before that and inquired how much the suit will cost us. Since we can’t buy their ready-made suits - Joema has a very small frame, even their small sizes don’t fit him properly – we had to have his suit made to order. It would cost us atleast 10k if we had it tailored at Onesimus. But at Knik, the price was only about 6k that includes labor and tela for the coat, pants and white longsleeves polo. Here’s the nakakahiya moment – when they asked us for money for the deposit, I asked if it was okay to pay only one thousand pesos (yun na lang buo kong pera). The old lady told me if we can make it atleast 2thousand haha. Omygosh! Kakahiya wala na kaming pera by that time. Ewan ko why it didn’t occur to us to withdraw money before proceeding with our other errands. Buti na lang Joema had 600 pesos pa and I had some one hundred peso bills on my wallet. It didn’t occur to me to ask if we could pay by check pero siguro kasi I thought they might want cash because theirs is a small shop, yung mukhang only cash payments are made.

So anyway, after that we went to my parish to submit our banns and get the permission from the parish priest. The form for the permission indicated that we had to pay P100 so I was expecting to shell out just that. But when we got there, the lady asked us to pay seven hundred pesos for the marriage banns. Ayayayay! Super walang wala na talaga kaming pera. We paid 6 hundred peso bills and then a fifty plus two twenty peso bills and two five peso bills. Haha baryang barya talaga! Joema and I were whispering to each other we didn’t have money to go home. Buti na lang the parish is just in the village next to ours. I told him we still have change for the tricycle and if we didn’t have enough change for the jeepney fare we can walk na lang! And if worst comes to worst, I would have called Penny and asked for money (she lives in the same village as the parish). Buti na lang din the atm machine outside the village was online. Joema was able to withdraw money kaya we had money na when we got home. Laugh trip talaga! Note that on our first two stops (rings and invitations) we paid by check haha. Note to self: always bring lots of cash when doing wedding related errands!



A Perfect Creation
44 Magiting St. Teacher's Village QC
Tel No. 9205910

KNIK
5 Kamuning Road, Kamuning QC
Tel No. 9284168

4 comments:

Anna said...

kakaloka the wedding expenses noh!!!

cris said...

korak! andaming gastos!!

Anonymous said...

Ang cute nyo ni Joema! ;)

cris said...

haha thanks twin

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...