Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Trip to the ER

Oh yes! You read that right. After my allergy attack last week, I was back at the ER (Medical City) this past weekend. *sigh* Yung kasabihan ng matatanda na “Lapitin sa disgrasya pag malapit ng ikasal” - so true for me! Joema and I were in SM Megamall last Saturday night. We were walking down a flight of steps when *bham* natapilok ako and sprained my righ ankle! I felt my mind went blank and when I opened up my eyes, I was holding on to Joema for dear life. I was squirming in pain. I had to ask him not to let go of me and to let me sit down for a few minutes.

Joema and I went to the MegaClinic at the 5th floor but their orthopedic wasn’t in. They instead gave me the schedule of their doctor, which I didn’t need at that time, because it was then that I was feeling the pain. I needed the doctor right at that moment. So again, I called up Ge and she advised me to go to the ER of Medical City instead. But since it was a weekend sale at Megamall, we figured we might have a hard time getting a cab. So I called up Pam, only to ask if it’s wise not to go to the ER hehe. But she advised me to go as I am getting married in a few weeks, and it’s better to be safe than sorry hehe. There was a long queue for a cab outside Megamall so we started walking towards Podium along Julia Vargas. Yes, even if it was killing me, we walked. And it was all worth it because we got a cab at the intersection of Julia Vargas and ADB Ave.


Triage Area

When we got to the ER, I filled up some forms and then they “wheeled” me to their “trauma” area. The doctor took a look at my ankle and then we had to wait for a few minutes. Then they wheeled me to have my ankle x-rayed and then we waited again. After a few minutes, the doctor said the x-rays were clear, that they had to bandage my ankle and to keep it there for 24 hours, and to rest my foot for 48 hours. So during the weekend, I was carried around the house ehehehe. Thank God for my medical card, we didn’t have to pay for anything. I had to call Jay to ask him to pick us up. But it was okay, as he was the one who told our parents what happened. I really didn’t want to tell them but I can’t hide my bandage. Jay was just in time to pick us up as we were cleared from the cashier and Joema has bought my medicines.


Patient Tag

My mother was still awake when we got home. So we told her what happened and that there’s nothing to worry about. Joema and I ate dinner (we still haven’t eaten, that was 10pm already!) and he had to carry me to my bedroom after. Hahaha nauna ang pagbuhat kesa sa kasal!

Now, I’m back to work but my foot is still swollen. *boohoo* Please, no more accidents. No more trips to the ER.

My bandaged foot

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hala naku doble ingat tayo cris! get well :)

cris said...

kailangan talaga mag-ingat at baka mag-"wheel" down the aisle ako instead na walk :P

Anonymous said...

ay shucks hope you get well na :) -yza

cris said...

tahnks yza! my foot's getting better although mabagal pa rin ako maglakad

Anonymous said...

no more accidents ha? glad your ok na. =)

malapit na malapit na!

cris said...

salamat jayson! we'll see you very very soon! :)

Anna said...

loooord! sunod sunod ka hospital ah!!! yikes, at least before the big day lahat. keep our fingers crossed na wala na!!!!

cris said...

sana nga wala na! :) just one more weekend

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...