Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Traffic Tagaytay Taboo

As I mentioned before, we spent the weekend in Tagaytay. Joema and I were both itching to get away so we were both very excited to get to Tagaytay. Actually we were all excited for this weekend getaway. There were so many good news that need proper announcements – Janice getting pregnant and Mands and Weng getting engaged – that all of us were eager to see each other. Unlike our other previous trips where we followed an itinerary, this trip was different because we really didn't plan anything. Although we agreed on having Saturday lunch at Sonya's Garden and Sunday breakfast at Josephine's.

Penny and Pao fetched us around 8:15am. The original meet-up time of 9am at SLEX was cancelled. Charline was running late, and Janice was having her morning sickness. Jose was still not sure if he can come with us. While we left Manila early, the traffic in SLEX was bad we arrived at Sonya's Garden around 11:30am. Charline and Allan were there a few minutes after us. And before we started eating, Al and Janice just came in time.



I enjoyed the salad. Although I really didn't eat that much because I wanted to have more pasta haha. But I was disappointed with the sauces and toppings for the pasta. Good thing the dessert was good. I loved the chocolate cake. But they could have given us a bigger slice. I don't think the price of the meal was worth it. I felt that I didn't get what I paid for. I don't know if it's just the food or my whole experience while there. We weren't able to go around the garden. We were told not to go further when we were walking towards their bed and breakfast. So instead we went inside their gift shop. When we were inside I started feeling weird, I felt my eyes bulging. And true enough, when I looked at the mirror my right eye was so red and I had welts around both eyes. My allergy was acting up again! Argh! I was panicking because I didn't want to go to a hospital in Tagaytay and ruin everyone's day. I forgot I had my medicine with me, so Charline offered here Claritin instead. Joema and I hurriedly went back to the restaurant and asked for a glass of water. I figured it must be the salmon from the pasta that triggered my allergy because it's the only seafood in the menu.

Here's me trying to still enjoy the place. Had to use my sunglasses to cover my eyes.


After spending a couple of minutes at their panaderya, we proceeded to the house we rented. This is the same house we rented for Grace's despedida. I'm glad everyone loved the place. I immediately sent an MMS of the place to Jose to tell him what he was missing hehehe. We all felt relaxed and comfortable, we just stayed inside the whole afternoon chatting. It wasn't only until Janice got hungry that we got ready to go out again for dinner. But first, we dropped by Robinson's to get few things from their grocery. Then we hied off to RSM for some lutong bahay our preggy friend is craving for.

We waited for Weng and Mands to arrive at RSM. It took them forever to get to Tagaytay (haha exxag!). They went church hunting the entire day and talked about their choices while having dinner. We're all so excited for them both. We asked them to tell the story of Mands' proposal when we get to the house because it was a bit noisy at RSM. We all wanted to hear what they were saying. After they've eaten, the rest of us went back to the house while Penny, Pao, Charline and Allan went to get Carlo's Pizza and some Starbucks.

We actually got ready for bed when we got home – well really just washed off and brushed our teeth and changed into more comfortable clothes. And when we were all ready, Mands told the story of how he proposed hehehe. Great! Another wedding for our group! After that we played Taboo. I didn't know it was so much fun playing that game. Some of the funny things we said during the game:

WORD: fort
Weng: blank Santiago
Someone said: Rowell Santiago
Another one said: Randy Santiago
Then I said: Raymart Santiago

WORD: I can't remember
Mands: hip
Allan: hop

WORD: sovereign
Allan: king
Mands: queen

WORD: album
Joema: you see this in your sala…blah blah blah
What do you know, they figured out it was an album ahahaha

WORD: frame
Joema was supposed to be the one to have it guessed
Cris: sige simulan mo ulit sa sala yan

I know it doesn't sound funny while reading this but we sure had a lot of fun playing it.

Anyway, I think we finished playing around 2am. We had to go to sleep afterwards because we planned to have buffet breakfast at Josephine's. Everyone was up and ready by 8:30 the next morning. Josephine's was packed that day. There was a long line at the omelet/egg station and they ran out of taho. *sigh* During breakfast, we again talked about Mands and Weng's wedding. Gave them a few tips (there's already three married couples in our group. Us and Penny and Pao were the latest ones who got married so we're already missing wedding preparations and are very eager to lend a helping hand to them.

After eating, we again headed back home to rest. Yeah we get tired just because we were eating so much hehehe. Some of us heard mass at Lourdes while we headed straight to Paseo de Sta. Rosa for some outlet shopping. On the way, we stopped by the furniture stores. We saw this store who's selling some really great furniture that looks like Cobonpue furniture. Since I don't think I can ever afford Cobonpue pieces, then I can comfort myself by having those sold in Tagaytay.


It was so hot in Paseo de Sta. Rosa so we had to have halo-halo at Razon's before heading home. All in all it was a great weekend filled with food, relaxation, good conversation and did I already say food? =)

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...