Monday, August 24, 2009

Lousy Race for Vettel in Valencia

How was your weekend? Most people here in Manila went out of town because of the long weekend. Even though we weren't a part of that holiday, our weekend was equally jampacked. Went to Alabang for an overnight get together with friends (baby shower and a lot of rockband-ing) – will have to wait for my friend's photos before I blog about it in detail. But we were still able to watch the qualifying with Vettel finishing 4th. I'm not about to let the qualifying pass without watching it, we waited 3 weeks after the last race for Valencia. I was worried the whole time we were watching because I heard the commentators saying that Vettel had to do some penalty what with the changing of his engine and he will be 10 places down after his finish. I don't really understand this but it seemed it's a rule that the teams have to use their engine for two races. So there I was a worry wart because I wanted to see Vettel in the podium again. The hubby was telling me that I could've heard it wrong because after the qualifying, the hosts didn't even mention it again. Then Sunday came for the race day of the Valencia leg. While watching the pre-race show I actually fell asleep because of exhaustion and lack of sleep the night before that. But I woke up in time just before the "five red lights illuminate" – as Steve Slater puts it. By the way, when I was asleep Steve Slater discussed the supposed penalty for Vettel and it turned out there will not be any penalty for him. So that kept me all the more confused because I didn't get to see the explanation behind all that. Anyway, Vettel did a good 16 or 17 laps before he went down to the pits but he had to go back again for the second time, right after his first so that kept him on the 16th place. Oooohh that pissed me off so bad I had to switch channels and didn't want to finish watching the race ahahahaha. We eventually went back to watching it when I calmed down, but when we switched back the channel he was already out of the race. Argh! Apparently it was another engine failure. Haay!



I eventually stopped worrying when he was shown smiling from the garage like he can't care much because it wasn't really his fault he had to retire from the race. So from then on I was just waiting who will finish first and get those championship points. Both Vettel and Webber who finished 9th didn't get any. Button got two points and Barrichello finished first and got himself 10 points. So after the Valencia race, Vettel is down to 4th place for the driver's championship with Button, Barrichello and Webber ahead of him. I'm just glad Webber didn't get any points ahahahaha! I don't want Red Bull favoring Webber ahead of Vettel hehehehe Affected much! Like him, I'm still hoping he gets to win the championship.

Photo from here.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...