Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Honey, Honey

You've probably already watched this Youtube video of a couple's wedding march to the tune of Chris Brown's Forever. When I first heard of this from a friend I immediately told her that this was supposed to be the music to our first dance during the wedding. Here's our convo on FB.


I really wanted this song because I liked the beat and the lyrics… "It's like I waited my whole life, for this one night. It's gonna be me, you and the dance floor" Grabe sobrang perfect! But I don't think we're hiphop enough to pull off this music. So I've let Joema choose another song and we finally chose "Honey, Honey" from the musical Mamma Mia. I'm not sure if I've mentioned here before that our term of endearment is honey so we thought this would be apt for us. We actually hired a dance instructor to choreograph our dance. Her name is Phyllis Lim (contact no: ) . She was really really patient with us. We only practiced for one session, that's for two hours. She would ask us if we can do this steps and if we're comfortable to do them before she teaches the steps to us.

And thank God, we were able to pull it off. During the reception, after our parents, principal and secondary sponsors were introduced, we were called in to enter the ballroom and was introduced the new Mr. and Mrs. And then from the entrance of the ballroom we immediately went to the dance floor and danced "Honey, Honey". Everyone was stunned! No one knew we were gonna dance, not even our families and closest friends. A friend was even telling us that they were all surprised, they didn't know if they should take pictures or video record our dance hahaha!




Photo and layout courtesy of Jayson Arquiza. The hug isn't part of the dance, we don't have that "sweet dancing" (as my PE high school teacher calls it) part. Joema was just absolutely embarrassed after the dance that he hugged me so tight and didn't want to let go of me ahahaha! (Happy 8th monthsary yesterda, honey!)

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...