Tuesday, October 06, 2009

My First F1 Season Coming to An End

I wasn't able to watch the Japanese Grand Prix over the weekend. My family came over and we had lunch at our place then headed over to the mall to buy some things for them. They are now doing fine and can laugh about the funny things that happened during the flood. My brother's playing jolly Christmas songs in the car when we went with them. But before we left, we were able to catch the start of the race. So I knew Vettel was able to hold his lead (he won P1 during qualifying) and I'm pretty much confident he can do it until the end of 53 laps. The question was, what will Button's place be? He started 10th on the grid so he had a slim chance of getting some points. When we got back to the house, the race was over. Good thing Chequered Flag was still on so we caught the press conference, race analysis and highlights and a summary of the driver's points. Vettel is only 16 points away from Jenson. Woohoo! It's all still possible after a dismal 4th finish during the Singapore Grand Prix, where he had a chance to get the 2nd place but was penalized with a drive through because he was going too fast inside the pit lanes. It's all good, it's all good. Hoping that Jenson will continue to get minimal points for the next two races. Oh, while watching Chequered Flag, they showed highlights of last years Brazil Grand Prix, Massa's win was heartbreaking. It was supposed to be a win for that race but wasn't enough to get the driver's championship. And all because Hamilton got enough points to win the championship. I was telling the husband, who's a Massa fan, that I can now understand why he really wants Massa to win the championship and I'm fine if he does win next year (yeah as if I have a hold on things like this) BUT only if Vettel wins this season ahahaha!

It still amazes me how scientific this sport is. I guess that's one of the things that keeps me interested in watching – aside from the cute drivers – everything's so technical. And the drivers aren't only good looking, I believe they're also very smart because they can understand the technicality of it all – the downforce on the car, the aerodynamics, G-force. There's this TV ad about F1 where it shows you how much G-force is used and the driver's body are strained with this G-force. I used to laugh about it because F1 drivers are compared to firefighters. I'm like how can you compare such a noble profession to something like that. But I guess I didn't know anything back then. F1 drivers are like other athletes in that they also take care of themselves for the sport to keep them healthy – no cigarettes (not even electronic cigarette with electronic cigarette e liquid) and no drinking (well, maybe just GH Mumm which is their sponsor ahahaha) for them. I will surely miss watching the races after this season. Only two more races before the season ends.

PS Apparently Hamilton and Nicole are still very much together. Sorry about that on my last post on F1. I only heard about that from Steve Slater.

No comments:

A Love Letter to the Father of My Children

Dear Honey, Yesterday was Father's Day but I don't think any celebration is enough to celebrate how good a father you are to our k...